2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on November 04, 2016, 10:22:26 AM
Watching Fox the big news is that Clinton is under criminal FBI investigation while Trump is forging ahead to a sizable election victory next week.

Then turn on CNN where the Russians are stealing DNC emails to influence the election, rants about the Director of the FBI for announcing stuff he shouldn't announce and on CNN, Clinton has a solid lead in the electoral college and she is likely to be the next US president.

The comedy is that right now you can pick and choose which reality you want to live in.  :lol:

Yeah, but it's going to be pretty messy when one of the realities collapse in less than a week. I'm hoping it won't get ugly. It probably won't, but the risk is steadily growing.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 12:46:56 PM
Yeah, but it's going to be pretty messy when one of the realities collapse in less than a week. I'm hoping it won't get ugly. It probably won't, but the risk is steadily growing.

I've stockpiled ammo.  I'm good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2016, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 12:46:56 PM

I've stockpiled ammo.  I'm good.

I needed to get some more, but I keep giving my pennies to the Playstation Network. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2016, 12:43:54 PM
Long Newsweek article about how Russia attempts to meddle in elections, particularly the American one: http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-russia-hillary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895

Not that anyone will care.

Good story, and I care.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2016, 12:54:19 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2016, 12:43:54 PM
Long Newsweek article about how Russia attempts to meddle in elections, particularly the American one: http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-russia-hillary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895

Not that anyone will care.

Good story, and I care.

Let me rephrase: Not that it'll change anything. ;) :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hamilcar

For Ed:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-trump-idUSKCN0YN35S

QuoteNorth Korea says Trump isn't screwy at all, a wise choice for president

By Jack Kim | SEOUL
North Korea has backed presumptive U.S. Republican nominee Donald Trump, with a propaganda website praising him as "a prescient presidential candidate" who can liberate Americans living under daily fear of nuclear attack by the North.

A column carried on Tuesday by DPRK Today, one of the reclusive and dynastic state's mouthpieces, described Trump as a "wise politician" and the right choice for U.S. voters in the Nov. 8 U.S. presidential election.

Ed Anger

Hamilcar

Ed Anger

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 04, 2016, 01:00:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2016, 12:59:05 PM
:)

Do you live in daily fear of a nuclear attack from North Korea?

I hope Tim gets kidnapped and is forced to pick turnips for dear leader.

Syt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/04/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-swing-states-election-2016-campaign-live?page=with:block-581cd273e4b07ceadb3a2895#block-581cd273e4b07ceadb3a2895

QuoteTrump surrogate Rudy Giuliani, the former NYC mayor, said on Fox this morning that he knew in advance of a new FBI inquiry announced last week into emails relating to Hillary Clinton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohluQPF6TMc

Giuliani, citing former agents: "There's a revolution going on inside the FBI, and it's now at a boiling point."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Sav got me to do the I Side With test again. 97% Clinton, 96% Stein. I'm damn sure I don't side with Stein. Johnson was 47%, Trump was 22%.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2015, 01:06:53 PM
Fortunately, he has astronomical negatives, and the only thing that will come out of this is a large number of farcical soundbites and a large number of enriched campaign flunkies.

16 months later and here we are. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on November 04, 2016, 01:42:56 PM
Sav got me to do the I Side With test again. 97% Clinton, 96% Stein. I'm damn sure I don't side with Stein. Johnson was 47%, Trump was 22%.

My wife took it today and got:

Trump 57% :lol:
Johnson 52%
Clinton 22%

Her Trump rating was higher during the primaries (when she was like 93% Cruz).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall