2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Habbaku on November 04, 2016, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2016, 03:48:32 PM
IIRC Trump is outperforming the last two GOP candidates with Hispandexes.

:huh:

That's derspiess making a word-play based joke.

I think...

The Minsky Moment

Romney got 27%; all the polling I've seen has Trump below 20%
And Romney's performance was considered a disaster, contributing to his defeat.
I think the margin may be a little lower because to the third party candidates.
But the margin is still big and so heavy turnout in the demographic is an unmitigated plus for HRC.  Question is whether it will be enough to offset lower AA voting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 04, 2016, 04:06:25 PM

But the margin is still big and so heavy turnout in the demographic is an unmitigated plus for HRC.  Question is whether it will be enough to offset lower AA voting.

Remember we can say anything about the election and it is essentially true.  I hear Zombie Tupac is taking the black vote by storm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Admiral Yi

I read the Newsweek article and unfortunately I didn't see anything new.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

katmai

Yeah latest poll I could fine had him at 19%
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

It is truly amazing how they can all collectively stay in character for so long, without direction or pause.  Truly the greatest improv troupe of all time.

derspiess

Trying to remember where I read it.  May have been among GOP Hispandexes during the primary.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that "sources say" the leaks are coming from retired FBI agents.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2016, 03:28:33 PM
I'm also: Tender (vs Tough on crime), Pro-Big Government (:hmm:), Progressive, a pacifist, a collectivist, a Keynesian, and a multiculturalist.

That's what you've become, I guess.  One hell of a Hillary hypnotranse :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

dps

Quote from: garbon on November 04, 2016, 03:28:33 PM
90 Hil, 76 Stein, 47 Johnson, 31 Trump

Actually I kind of like the results bit at the end. Apparently I'm moderately left wing.

I'm also: Tender (vs Tough on crime), Pro-Big Government (:hmm:), Progressive, a pacifist, a collectivist, a Keynesian, and a multiculturalist.

And my views most match those of people in Los Angeles, SF, Chicago, Philly, New York and Boston! :o :D

I got 71% Johnson, 50% Trump, 13% Clinton, and 6% Stein.  But as BB says, that kind of misses the point, because my main problem with Trump isn't his policies, but his fitness for the office.

And as for the stuff at the end, I think it's actually a bit more accurate than the part with the candidates.  It classified me as moderately right-wing libertarian, which seems about right.

It also has me moderately capitalist (58%), which frankly I don't see how it put me that low.  OTOH, it has me as strongly laissez-faire (82%) and strongly small government (84%), which sounds more accurate.  Those were my "most important" themes.

On my "more important" themes, it labels me as centrist on privacy vs security (6% towards security) and strongly elitist (78%) which is probably reasonably accurate, but seems funny in that I'm probably less elitist than most of the posters on this forum.  It sees me as leaning moderately toward individualism (56%).  I'm moderately tough on crime (38%) and moderately militaristic (50%).  I think it didn't rate me as tougher on crime because I support decriminalization of drugs.

Continuing with "somewhat important themes" it says I side moderately towards globalization (50%), decentralization (52%), assimilation (66%) and deregulation (58%);  but only slightly towards traditionalism (16%) and imperialism (22%);  and strongly towards unilateralism (88%).

Some quibbles, but I think it sums me up pretty well.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2016, 03:44:39 PM
Holy Fucking Shit Please Vote: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/81d6ba4237/holy-sh-t-youve-got-to-vote?short_id=aphh&_cc=__d___&_ccid=bc8a8e66-f616-4d54-beb3-dd7ad595189b

I assume the usual suspects will affect their usual poses, but I enjoyed it so I'm sharing :)

:lmfao:

Just one tiny nitpick.  Why is Donald Trump known as the guy in orange?  Is this referring to his hair colour?  He seems like a blonde to me.