2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2016, 12:52:10 PM
My nipples are hard

What Ed doesn't tell you is they're tipped with feces like punji sticks.

Barrister

I got 67% Johnson, 55% Clinton, 41% Trump.

But really this kind of misses the point.  It's not Trump's policies I violently disagree with, but rather Trump the man.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on October 28, 2016, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 25, 2016, 08:41:22 PM
Once every five minutes somewhere in Florida a pro-Hillary ad is aired.  Conventional wisdom is that if Hil can get the non-Cuban Hispanic vote out in Florida she should take the state.  Consequently I wasn't entirely surprised to hear a Hil ad on the Spanish language radio channel out of Orlando the other day.  What was a surprise is that it was narrated by Tim Kaine.  Unfortunately Kaine's Spanish isn't much better than mine; and even I can tell he has a heavy gringo accent.   I doubt that's really going to get out the Spanish speaking vote.  It could be a target for mockery, except neither candidate for president nor Pence speaks Spanish.

Of course it doesn't do the Democrats much good if they get out the Hispanic vote, if they all vote for Tío Marco for Senate.  I think they realized that rather late in the game and now are almost constantly broadcasting commercials for Rubio's opponent, Patrick Murphy.  I've even heard an ad where Barack Obama phonetically sounds out a blurb in Spanish for Murphy.

Eel-ah-ree Cleenton did an interview with one of the DJs on that station today.  It was done in English, of course, the DJ calls herself La Gitana (The Gypsy Woman) and it only took Eel... er... Hil four tries to pronounce her name.  While it was a puff interview filled with softballs, that they had an interview on a Latin pop station at all demonstrates how much importance Hil attaches to the strategy of getting out the (non-Cuban) Hispanic vote.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

80 Johnson, 79 Hil, 41 Trump; as I mentioned in the other thread I scored highest with Zoltan Istvan at 86% and my beliefs would be centrist in an ideological scale.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on November 04, 2016, 02:39:06 PM
I'm a big fan of Marina Abramovic too  :sleep:

I never heard of her before but it seems some of my friends know her. Anyway, between the Cult of Kek and the Devil Worship, I guess I have to support both candidates. They are so lovely. :D

The Minsky Moment

97-86-60-16 (Clinton-Stein-Johnson-Trump)

The results are a little skewed because I didn't bother to weight importance, e.g. Stein's position on Israel.  Also I'm Ok with drone strikes, various interventions, mil spending - not sure why it thinks I agree with her on foreign policy. Presumably because I oppose torture(?) which really shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Otherwise it appears to be accurate.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Some of her perfomances are rather ... intense.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2016, 02:46:27 PM

I never heard of her before but it seems some of my friends know her. Anyway, between the Cult of Kek and the Devil Worship, I guess I have to support both candidates. They are so lovely. :D

She's certainly not some obscure cultist or anything, she's probably one of the most famous and influential performance artists of the last 30 years. She's also nuts.  :D

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on November 04, 2016, 03:16:17 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2016, 02:46:27 PM

She's certainly not some obscure cultist or anything, she's probably one of the most famous and influential performance artists of the last 30 years. She's also nuts.  :D

Ok. Either way my Facebook is all aflame about this. Generally opinions vary from "great, more amateurs" to "well, perhaps Clinton is not so bad after all". :D

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2016, 01:39:10 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/04/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-swing-states-election-2016-campaign-live?page=with:block-581cd273e4b07ceadb3a2895#block-581cd273e4b07ceadb3a2895

QuoteTrump surrogate Rudy Giuliani, the former NYC mayor, said on Fox this morning that he knew in advance of a new FBI inquiry announced last week into emails relating to Hillary Clinton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohluQPF6TMc

Giuliani, citing former agents: "There's a revolution going on inside the FBI, and it's now at a boiling point."

Hopefully Giuliani is just full of shit and nobody told him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2016, 03:27:12 PM
Hopefully Giuliani is just full of shit and nobody told him.

I'm sure he's been told that many times.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

90 Hil, 76 Stein, 47 Johnson, 31 Trump

Actually I kind of like the results bit at the end. Apparently I'm moderately left wing.

I'm also: Tender (vs Tough on crime), Pro-Big Government (:hmm:), Progressive, a pacifist, a collectivist, a Keynesian, and a multiculturalist.

And my views most match those of people in Los Angeles, SF, Chicago, Philly, New York and Boston! :o :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.