2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 06:11:10 PM
He had your people on his side ( ie the hipsters :P ).

:mad:

QuoteWould the oldies and black people be likely to stay home against trump? I would assume minorities would come out in droves to shut trump down like they will now. Then again your elections confuse and scare me.

Bernie is too radical for the White House for a large portion of the rational nation, and he reminds too many African Americans of every landlord, banker and shopkeeper they ever had to deal with.  Contrary to cracker conspiracies, they're not big fans of frumpy old Jews.

So yeah, people stay home if they're not excited about elections.

QuoteSo no matter what trump would win? Is that what you're saying?

#GrabbingThePussy

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:07:31 PM
Bernie would've brought out the white girls crying from Dave Matthews playing "Crash", but he kept African-Americans home, and a slew of 40-somethings-and-older home or not voting for him in the general election.

Eh, 40 somethings love Dave Matthews.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2016, 05:58:16 PM
Early voting in Nevada also suggests Hillary has a healthy lead.

6 electoral votes.  My scrotum has tightened so much.

Add that to North Carolina and that's 21 that Trump needs to win.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2016, 06:40:57 PM

Your math will be all for naught when Trump takes New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:00:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 05:56:10 PM
My only conciliation is that I doubt he'll actually do anything. He just wants to be president to be president.

And maybe the DNC will wise up next time.

Nice, sounds like you've made to the "Acceptance" stage. 

I think you'll be surprised at the damage he'll be able to do on his own.  And leaving Pence and the rest of the Breitbart Brain Trust to deal with the rest of the day-to-day EOP stuff?  Good lord.

That's one of my main beefs with Donnie (other than his rampant sexism, casual racism, and disrespect for democratic norms); the running of his administration will be the greatest shitshow of corruption, mismanagement, and in-fighting, in the history of the republic.

In this, the time of the Great Clinton Collapse of 2016, I think it is helpful to acknowledge what a Trump Administration will look like:

1. Donnie plays President on TV but mainly has hands-off approach to running the country. He just wants to do rallies everywhere and make cool speeches on TV to millions of captive viewers. The ratings will be THRU DA ROOF!!!! Every now and then he'll make a very broad, empty statement and expect his minions to craft an actual policy out of it, much like how he's run his campaign.

2. Actual running of the country will devolve to a) Mike 'Jesus' Pence and b) Steve Bannon, famous for racism and alt-right shit-throwing ala Breitbart

3. All of the other little sects within the GOP will carve out their own fiefdoms within the government and the GOP party apparatus. Of course, they all hate each other and won't want to share power and influence inside the administration. Eventually, we'll see the GOP coalesce into "Pence Republicans" and "Bannon Republicans." Without any real leadership from the top (Donald and leadership:lmfao:), the administration of the country devolves into hilarious incompetence (on a good day) and massive internal strife and intrigue between groups inside the government/GOP (on a bad day).

Ultimately, after the Trump Recession sinks his chances in 2020, Donald declares he won't run because, "I've already won. I've always been a winner and I'll always be one."

And the Democrats will somehow contrive to lose in 2020 anyway.  :lol:

Anyway, that's my stupid fanfic of the next 4 years. Enjoy your Trumpenreich, bitches.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2016, 05:58:16 PM
Early voting in Nevada also suggests Hillary has a healthy lead.  Trump only has a 9 % chance if he loses it.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-early-vote-in-nevada-suggests-clinton-might-beat-her-polls-there/

You really have to stop with the tainty stuff.  Yes - irrational superstition, but why take chances?  We can all read 538.  Especially after what the Red Sox did in the playoffs this year, we can't afford you have boosting Clinton.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 01, 2016, 06:48:57 PM

Your math will be all for naught when Trump takes New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Just checked on NY Times path to victory. If Hillary wins North Carolina & Nevada, and assuming she also wins Virginia and Colorado (which I can't see not happening if she won the former), then Clinton has 59 ways to win and Trump only has 3 ways to win, while there are two chances for a tie. He has to win Florida, possible, and Pennsylvannia which seems unlikely unless the Transit strike screws us.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

It can only be a tie. This can only end in a tie. USSC 4-4 and tie again. Perfect storm.

Yi,

20.00 bucks it's a tie. And to devils advocate it, ill sweeten the pot. USSC will tie 4-4 also.

You in?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 01, 2016, 06:52:28 PM
I can see that.

Everything you need to know about Donald Trump's management style is right there on The Apprentice--
1) can't be bothered with the details,
2) lets family and minions do the heavy lifting, but
3) insists on being the final arbiter of The Big Decisions.

While I think Ted Cruz would be more dangerous in the long run regarding the federal government--he knows exactly what he wants to do, how he wants to do it, and he's intelligent enough to get it done--Donald is more dangerous, period.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 01, 2016, 06:48:57 PM

Or Wisconsin, for that matter.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on November 01, 2016, 06:59:01 PM
It can only be a tie. This can only end in a tie. USSC 4-4 and tie again. Perfect storm.

Yi,

20.00 bucks it's a tie. And to devils advocate it, ill sweeten the pot. USSC will tie 4-4 also.

You in?

Sure, if you're serious.  Blink once if you're serious.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2016, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 01, 2016, 06:59:01 PM

Yi,

You in?

Sure, if you're serious.  Blink once if you're serious.

Done. Book it Danno.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on November 01, 2016, 06:06:36 PM
WTF is the FBI doing. The shit show just keep going up.

Citizen K said it was nothing...