2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 01, 2016, 05:54:19 PM
People who voted for Bush, McCain and Romney staying home will not hurt Hillary's chances.

I'm not talking about pro-GOP NeverTrumps;  I'm talking pro-Hillary/BernieBros/WarrenHoes NeverTrumps.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 31, 2016, 09:20:16 PM
According to 10,000 simulations of the elections by 538, if Trump loses North Carolina he loses 95% of the time.

NYTimes analysis of the early vote in North Carolina has Clinton up 49-43.3%

Pretty in depth
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/north-carolina-early-vote-tracker.html

Early voting in Nevada also suggests Hillary has a healthy lead.  Trump only has a 9 % chance if he loses it.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-early-vote-in-nevada-suggests-clinton-might-beat-her-polls-there/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 05:56:10 PM
My only conciliation is that I doubt he'll actually do anything. He just wants to be president to be president.

And maybe the DNC will wise up next time.

Nice, sounds like you've made to the "Acceptance" stage. 

I think you'll be surprised at the damage he'll be able to do on his own.  And leaving Pence and the rest of the Breitbart Brain Trust to deal with the rest of the day-to-day EOP stuff?  Good lord.

Admiral Yi

From CNN:

Trump campaign disavows Fag McMuffin With Cheese robocall.

20 states have reported voting related cyber attacks.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:00:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 05:56:10 PM
My only conciliation is that I doubt he'll actually do anything. He just wants to be president to be president.

And maybe the DNC will wise up next time.

Nice, sounds like you've made to the "Acceptance" stage. 

I think you'll be surprised at the damage he'll be able to do on his own.  And leaving Pence and the rest of the Breitbart Brain Trust to deal with the rest of the day-to-day EOP stuff?  Good lord.

Could reverse happen to now? Where trump is prez but congress is democratic?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2016, 05:58:16 PM
Early voting in Nevada also suggests Hillary has a healthy lead.

6 electoral votes.  My scrotum has tightened so much.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 06:02:01 PM

No.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:02:38 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 06:02:01 PM

No.

Well thanks sunshine. Hope the DNC is happy theyfucked over Bernie now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

QuoteTrump wants 'special session' to repeal Obamacare
By Nolan D. McCaskill
11/01/16 01:05 PM EDT
www.politico.com

Donald Trump on Tuesday vowed to immediately repeal and replace President Barack Obama's signature health care law if he's elected president next week.

"When we win on Nov. 8 and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. We have to do it," Trump said Tuesday afternoon in an address on the Affordable Care Act in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.

"I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace," he continued. "And it will be such an honor for me, for you and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced. And we will do it, and we will do it very, very quickly. It is a catastrophe."

But Congress won't be able to repeal and replace the health law quickly or easily. Even if Republicans keep control of the Senate, Democrats will likely have enough votes to filibuster a quick repeal bill.

While Republicans are working on a repeal using a complicated budget procedure that doesn't allow a filibuster, it would likely take months to enact. And a replacement bill may be even harder.

House Speaker Paul Ryan has released a blueprint of a replacement plan, but Republicans are divided on the details of how to reform the massive health care system.

The health law had not played prominently in the campaign this year — a marked contrast to each election since its passage in 2010. But with premiums rising for the enrollment season, which began Tuesday, Trump has pounced on the law's flaws and renewed his promise to tear it up.

The GOP nominee characterized the law as a massive, nearly 3,000-page bill that to this day "nobody understands." He also seized on the administration's announcement of premium hikes.

"Here in Pennsylvania, premiums are going to increase more than 60 percent," he said. "And that's nothing compared [to] what will happen in the future. Of course, in the future, if I'm president, there won't be Obamacare so you won't have to worry about that."

He attacked Obamacare for stalling the economy and killing jobs, noting that there are fewer insurers and doctors now but higher premiums and deductibles as he cast a Hillary Clinton election as a detrimental expansion that Americans can't afford.

"Obamacare means higher prices, fewer choices and lower quality, yet Hillary Clinton wants to expand Obamacare and make it even more expensive," he added. "She wants to put the government totally in charge of health care in America. If we don't repeal and replace Obamacare, we will destroy American healthcare forever. It's one of the single most important reasons why we must win on Nov. 8. We must win."

For her part, Clinton has pledged to build on the successes of the Affordable Care Act, which she often touted on the trail as "Hillarycare" before it was Obamacare.

Trump called for replacing Obamacare with health savings accounts that would allow Americans to purchase insurance across state lines and empowering states to manage Medicaid funding.

"We will create quality, reliable, affordable health care in a free market where parents can make the health care decisions that they really wanna make for their families," Trump said. "It will be a much better health care at a much less expensive cost."

Despite billing his address as a joint speech with his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, on Obamacare — which included some members of Congress in attendance — Trump veered into his stump speech, speaking on issues like restoring manufacturing jobs, repealing Common Core, lowering taxes and rebuilding the nation's military.

"We've also outlined detailed solutions on so many other issues to make life better for every American family. While this is really a meeting — and that's what it is, it's a meeting of very, very special people, and I appreciate you all being here — but it's a meeting talking about health care and Obamacare. Our plan for other things also include the bringing back of manufacturing jobs," he said, seguing into his stump speech. "We have to do it."

Pence, who introduced Trump, boasted about Republicans' opposition to Obama's health care legislation, which he was part of as chair of the House GOP conference.

"I stand before you today because today, open enrollment begins on the Obamacare exchanges. And once again, millions of Americans are gonna be disappointed by their lack of options, and, frankly, they're gonna be shocked by the high premiums and the cost of health insurance," Pence said. "This government takeover of health care that we call Obamacare is failing in states across Obamacare as it is here in Pennsylvania, and the case has never been stronger for repeal."

Like Trump, Pence tied the Democratic nominee to the president as a proponent of the health care law that even her husband criticized. And he also took a shot at the former secretary of state as she's embroiled in yet another email controversy, this time stemming from the FBI's announcement Friday that it is reviewing additional emails related to its investigation of her use of a private email server while she headed the State Department.

"The choice in this election couldn't be more clear. With Hillary Clinton we'll get more of the same from the last seven-and-a-half years," he said. "More taxes, more spending, more regulation and more Obamacare. I mean, we can't trust Hillary Clinton with our health care any more than we can trust her with classified information."

11B4V

WTF is the FBI doing. The shit show just keep going up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 06:03:25 PM

Bernie would've brought out the white girls crying from Dave Matthews playing "Crash", but he kept African-Americans home, and a slew of 40-somethings-and-older home or not voting for him in the general election.

HVC

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2016, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 01, 2016, 06:03:25 PM

Bernie would've brought out the white girls crying from Dave Matthews playing "Crash", but he kept African-Americans home, and a slew of 40-somethings-and-older home or not voting for him in the general election.

He had your people on his side ( ie the hipsters :P ). Would the oldies and black people be likely to stay home against trump? I would assume minorities would come out in droves to shut trump down like they will now. Then again your elections confuse and scare me.

So no matter what trump would win? Is that what you're saying?