2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Not when you explain that your "prediction" is not actually a prediction at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

It's based entirely on my gut feeling. :P

Besides, I have already explained it many months ago. I have absolutely no influence on the outcome of the elections. So it is much healthier to embrace the unknown than to fret anxiously over it.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2016, 03:50:40 AM
Well yes, he would have been hanging out with individuals excited about the NFL.  I was just shoring up against an attempt to generalize from his brief experience here in London.

Random pub-goers at several locations.  Sample size skewed male.  Also included a crusty old Army veteran who urged me to vote Trump :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on November 02, 2016, 08:37:14 AM
there are americans itt who doubt hillary's victory? shame! shame!

Oh, I think she'll manage to steal eke out a victory ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2016, 12:28:26 AM
I think I am back to rooting for Trump just to spite Tim.

No doubt you'll meet your new Klan friends at the "poles"  ;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on November 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM
Aye. Her turnout will be awful and that's that. The Taint could never be undone.

Don't you have your own floating nightmare of an island to deal with, The Isle of Misfit Currency Speculators about to be taken over by Assange brogrammers and shit?

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 10:24:12 AM

Poles?

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on November 02, 2016, 11:11:13 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 10:24:12 AM

Poles?

Go back into your basket, deplorable.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Jacob

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Berkut

If we could figure out a way to hook them up to a turbine, Jefferson and Washington spinning in their graves could solve our energy problems as long as we could keep this up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned