2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

So what's this about the FBI releasing results of their investigation into the Clinton foundation and Marc Rich from 2005 today?

Is the FBI really that deliberately trying to steer the course of the election? If this is true I'm beginning to fear for the integrity of the US' institutions.

LaCroix

Quote from: JacobIs the FBI really that deliberately trying to steer the course of the election? If this is true I'm beginning to fear for the integrity of the US' institutions.

doubtful

Martinus

Clinton's House of Lies is falling apart.  :sleep:

Martinus

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2016, 02:58:05 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2016, 10:14:19 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 31, 2016, 10:08:38 PM
I just read that Mcmuffin is against gay marriage. He was raised by 2 moms. You just can't make this shit up.

Where do you guys find these people?
In 'Merica  :lmfao:

Oh fuck this is awesome. You can't make this shit up.

Well you sort of can. His parents divorced when he was working at the CIA. So raised is risible.

Doh. Mea Culpa on "raised". Still kinda shitty though.

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on November 01, 2016, 02:17:42 PM

Lena has beached in Cary.

See Marty, this just goes to show with a little more effort you could really fit in with the Trump crowd; might I suggest you try on white supremacy next.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2016, 02:27:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 01, 2016, 02:17:42 PM

Lena has beached in Cary.

See Marty, this just goes to show with a little more effort you could really fit in with the Trump crowd; might I suggest you try on white supremacy next.

Is making fun of fat white chicks a white supremacist thing? Is this because black guys like them? :unsure:

citizen k

Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 01:41:47 PMWhat kind of control do the Clintons have over the DNC such that they were able to basically exclude anyone else from challenging her this time around?

Have you been reading the Podesta, etc. emails? The Clintons are more of a syndicate than a familial dynasty.

Valmy

I think he meant your insufficient hatred for her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Learned from an Economist article about McMuffin that in the case of an electoral college tie the House choose the president from among the top *three* contenders.

Valmy

Quote from: citizen k on November 01, 2016, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 01:41:47 PMWhat kind of control do the Clintons have over the DNC such that they were able to basically exclude anyone else from challenging her this time around?

Have you been reading the Podesta, etc. emails? The Clintons are more of a syndicate than a familial dynasty.

Indeed. Which is why I thought their political savvy might be helpful after 16 years of amateur hour. We'll see. I hope, anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

citizen k

Quote from: Jacob on November 01, 2016, 01:48:28 PM
So what's this about the FBI releasing results of their investigation into the Clinton foundation and Marc Rich from 2005 today?

Is the FBI really that deliberately trying to steer the course of the election? If this is true I'm beginning to fear for the integrity of the US' institutions.

Jake, you're getting swept up in Timmyesque rumor and innuendo.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on November 01, 2016, 02:26:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2016, 02:58:05 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2016, 10:14:19 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 31, 2016, 10:08:38 PM
I just read that Mcmuffin is against gay marriage. He was raised by 2 moms. You just can't make this shit up.

Where do you guys find these people?
In 'Merica  :lmfao:

Oh fuck this is awesome. You can't make this shit up.

Well you sort of can. His parents divorced when he was working at the CIA. So raised is risible.

Doh. Mea Culpa on "raised". Still kinda shitty though.

Oh agreed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2016, 09:27:22 AM
You say that because you are a person who reviews information and thinks about it.  That is hardly a universal trait.  This is being spun as something far more sinister and lots of people are accepting it uncritically.  The very fact this is so unprecedented is allowing Trump and his surrogates to argue that it must mean there is very damning stuff.  No basis in fact, but it sounds logical.  Again, it puts HRC in an impossible situation - she can't refute it (because no one knows what "it" is), if she ignores it, it makes her look guilty, and if she addresses it, it keeps it in the news.

This whole episode is a useful illustration why the rule exists in the first place.

Right.  This story should influence people who hear the words "email" and "Hillary" in the same sentence and go berserk.  Those people aren't going to vote for her anyway.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2016, 02:31:27 PM
Learned from an Economist article about McMuffin that in the case of an electoral college tie the House choose the president from among the top *three* contenders.

So if he wins Utah but Johnson gets twice as many votes nationwide, which one is in the mix?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?