2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Politico reporter says she's heard the same things

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/793271363918323712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
QuoteJulia Ioffe Retweeted Sarah Kendzior

I heard a version of this, too. Are we all talking to one person?

Julia Ioffe added,

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2016, 10:14:19 PM
Oh fuck this is awesome. You can't make this shit up.

QuoteWhite Nationalist's Pro-Trump Robocall: Evan McMullin Is Gay
William Johnson, a white-nationalist Trump supporter, is robo-calling Utahns claiming that Trump's main competition in the state is a closeted homosexual.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/31/white-nationalist-william-johnson-s-pro-trump-robocall-evan-mcmullin-is-gay.html

"Hello, My name is William Johnson," the audio recording begins. "I am a farmer and a white nationalist. I make this call against Evan McMullin and in support of Donald Trump.

"Evan McMullin is an open borders, amnesty supporter.

"Evan has two mommies. His mother is a lesbian, married to another woman. Evan is okay with that. Indeed Evan supports the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.

"Evan is over 40 years old and is not married and doesn't even have a girlfriend. I believe Evan is a closet homosexual.

"Don't vote for Evan McMullin. Vote for Donald Trump. He will respect all women and be a president we can all be proud of.

Evan has two mommies  :lol:

Scroll up mofo :P

jimmy olsen

Latest PA poll

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793295484110733312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(((Harry Enten))) Verified account 
‏@ForecasterEnten   
F&M poll from Pennsylvania (Oct 26 - Oct 30): Clinton 49, Trump 38. Senate race: McGinty 47, Toomey 35.

http://www.fandm.edu/uploads/files/913809798323927231-f-m-poll-release-october-2016.pdf
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

White nationalist Trump surrogate making robocalls against Egg McMuffin in the reddest state in the union saying he's a closet homosexual. 

Rumors the FSB secretly filmed Trump disappointing Russian prostitutes in a wild orgy. 

This election. I. Just. Can't. Any. More.

I'm broken.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Holy crap!

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article111669967.html
Quotemore than 2.6 million voters in the state's 15 largest counties — 27 percent of registered Texans — cast their ballots in the first seven days of early voting, creating such a rush that many poll workers quickly ran out of the coveted "I voted" stickers.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article111669967.html#storylink=cpy

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 31, 2016, 10:53:24 PM
White nationalist Trump surrogate making robocalls against Egg McMuffin in the reddest state in the union saying he's a closet homosexual. 

Rumors the FSB secretly filmed Trump disappointing Russian prostitutes in a wild orgy. 

This is new. Where'd you hear this?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Syt

Let's make things a little more bizarre.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/donald-trump-reportedly-wrote-a-sexist-novel-trump-tower.html?mid=facebook_nymag

QuoteDonald Trump May Have 'Written' a Very, Very Sexist Novel

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump may be staring down the last few days of his campaign, but there appears to be no end in sight when it comes to revelations about Trump's sexism. The Huffington Post is reporting that a 2012 novel called Trump Tower — which, as you might guess, takes place in the Donald's eponymous luxury apartments in New York — originally boasted Mr. Trump himself as the writer. The current publication bills Jeffrey Robinson as its author; however, HuffPo turned up evidence that that was not always the case. Early promotional materials reportedly listed Trump as the writer (even though it's likely it was always Robinson writing the actual words), plus the book was originally registered in his name with the Library of Congress.

The book has an erotica–BDSM bent (there is a comparison the Fifty Shades of Grey series in some reviews), but reportedly these scenes and others of a sexual nature, often lack consent. Throughout, women are described by their level of attractiveness, with explicit references made to their breast size and overall appearance. At some point in the process, Trump apparently decided to take his name off the book, but as recently as this week the novel was prominently displayed, alongside official Trump campaign merchandise, in the Trump Tower gift shop. Trump also allegedly once tried to make a TV show with a very similar premise — chronicling the lives of those living and working in Trump Tower — in the vein of "Dynasty or Dallas." As that show does not exist, the book is all we've got. It's also 400 pages, and apparently, it's very bad:

"Numerous typographical errors, bizarre 'cameo' appearances by celebrities (not least among them Bill Clinton) and abrupt tonal shifts further make finishing the novel a challenge. The first section of the book is vaguely in the genre of erotica, with numerous descriptions of naked women and sex scenes. The remainder of the novel devolves into office politics, trade deals and a murder investigation. The building manager is a suspect in that murder, but is cleared when the cops just give up on the case. Nobody in the novel seemed to care about the murdered woman, so it's fine."

Sexist, bad, and exhaustingly long? Sounds like a certain campaign, doesn't it? Maybe you should skip Trump Tower, unless you're a sadomasochist (and not the fun kind).

Full article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-novel_us_580a62bce4b0cdea3d874ca9

(Well, obviously it was ghost written for him, if anything.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on October 31, 2016, 10:08:38 PM
I just read that Mcmuffin is against gay marriage. He was raised by 2 moms. You just can't make this shit up.

Where do you guys find these people?
In 'Merica  :lmfao:

Well you sort of can. His parents divorced when he was working at the CIA. So raised is risible.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 31, 2016, 10:53:24 PM

This election. I. Just. Can't. Any. More.

Well if they have any kind of spicy material like that, today would be the day to release it. This Russia stuff isn't gonna cut it.

And I see Trump still has a mole in the Clinton campaign.  :pinch:  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tonitrus

Clinton in a dark blue/grey hues, wearing an overcoat?  Doesn't she know Ed Anger already voted?  :(

Syt

Hey, you know who else lost emails: http://europe.newsweek.com/george-w-bush-white-house-lost-22-million-emails-497373?rm=eu

Quote[...]

Clinton's email habits look positively transparent when compared with the subpoena-dodging, email-hiding, private-server-using George W. Bush administration. Between 2003 and 2009, the Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails. This correspondence included millions of emails written during the darkest period in America's recent history, when the Bush administration was ginning up support for what turned out to be a disastrous war in Iraq with false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and, later, when it was firing U.S. attorneys for political reasons.

Like Clinton, the Bush White House used a private email server—its was owned by the Republican National Committee. And the Bush administration failed to store its emails, as required by law, and then refused to comply with a congressional subpoena seeking some of those emails. "It's about as amazing a double standard as you can get," says Eric Boehlert, who works with the pro-Clinton group Media Matters. "If you look at the Bush emails, he was a sitting president, and 95 percent of his chief advisers' emails were on a private email system set up by the RNC. Imagine if for the last year and a half we had been talking about Hillary Clinton's emails set up on a private DNC server?"

Most troubling, researchers found a suspicious pattern in the White House email system blackouts, including periods when there were no emails available from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney. "That the vice president's office, widely characterized as the most powerful vice president in history, should have no archived emails in its accounts for scores of days—especially days when there was discussion of whether to invade Iraq—beggared the imagination," says Thomas Blanton, director of the Washington-based National Security Archive. The NSA (not to be confused with the National Security Agency, the federal surveillance organization) is a nonprofit devoted to obtaining and declassifying national security documents and is one of the key players in the effort to recover the supposedly lost Bush White House emails.

The media paid some attention to the Bush email chicanery but spent considerably less ink and airtime than has been devoted to Clinton's digital communications in the past 18 months. According to the Boston social media analytics firm Crimson Hexagon, which ran a study for Newsweek, there have been 560,397 articles mentioning Clinton's emails between March 2015 and September 1, 2016.

[...]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 10:18:58 PM

QuoteWhite Nationalist's Pro-Trump Robocall: Evan McMullin Is Gay
William Johnson, a white-nationalist Trump supporter, is robo-calling Utahns claiming that Trump's main competition in the state is a closeted homosexual.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/31/white-nationalist-william-johnson-s-pro-trump-robocall-evan-mcmullin-is-gay.html

"Hello, My name is William Johnson," the audio recording begins. "I am a farmer and a white nationalist. I make this call against Evan McMullin and in support of Donald Trump.

"Evan McMullin is an open borders, amnesty supporter.

"Evan has two mommies. His mother is a lesbian, married to another woman. Evan is okay with that. Indeed Evan supports the Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.

"Evan is over 40 years old and is not married and doesn't even have a girlfriend. I believe Evan is a closet homosexual.

"Don't vote for Evan McMullin. Vote for Donald Trump. He will respect all women and be a president we can all be proud of.

Evan has two mommies  :lol:

I hope the call is in that slightly pervy "curious" announcer voice. :D