2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2016, 03:25:12 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 29, 2016, 12:01:15 AM
Imagine you read a story about an election in Blechstan.  11 days before the election, the Minister of Police for Blechstan, who happens to belong to Party A, suddenly announces that he is looking into evidence that might bear on the criminality of the candidate of Party B.  The Minister admits he hasn't looked at the evidence and doesn't know whether it has any bearing on the candidate at all, but nonetheless "feels" the public should know this information.

Can't speak for anyone else but the phrase that would jump to my mind is "banana republic"

Are you sure that

A) Comey is the one who announced the continuation of the investigation to the public;

and

B) a warrant is required for examination of emails sent or received by an official of the government covered by a security clearance?

Yes to A. He admits it in his own letter

B: no warrant needed to examine government laptop.  Do need a warrant to examine Anthony Weiner's laptop, whatever is on it
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I see a lot of Trump voters on the internet and can't shake the feeling that these dipshits deserve Donald Trump.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2016, 02:15:49 AM
So is Huma Hillary's lesbian lover or not?

Do you have a beat down to attend or something?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2016, 09:46:57 AM
I see a lot of Trump voters on the internet and can't shake the feeling that these dipshits deserve Donald Trump.

Did you ever think perhaps you deserve Donald Trump as well?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fate

Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2016, 05:40:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2016, 02:02:15 AM
Quote from: Fate on October 28, 2016, 09:45:21 PM
Pretty much. Democrat votes are concentrated in urban districts. When you're winning a place like Baltimore city with 90% of the vote, 39% is wasted.

That's not gerrymandering.  That's lots of Democrats living close to each other.

Hmmm.  Maryland 3rd District.

upload gambar

What a fucked up district. The third is a good guide to where the black people ain't in Baltimore City. Roland Park, Harbor East, Canton, Fells... lol

Valmy

Yeah but it is still an overwhelmingly Democratic district.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2016, 11:16:39 AM
Yeah but it is still an overwhelmingly Democratic district.

This is Maryland we're talking about: it's overwhelmingly Democratic, but there's a big difference between white Democratic and black Democratic: and that's money:  Annapolis, Hunt Valley, and swathes of Howard County are some of the wealthiest enclaves in the Greater Baltimore region.

CountDeMoney

QuoteJustice officials warned FBI that Comey's decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

Senior Justice Department officials warned the FBI that Director James B. Comey's decision to notify Congress about renewing the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server was not consistent with long-standing practices of the department, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

The bureau told Justice Department officials that Comey intended to inform lawmakers of newly discovered emails. These officials told the FBI the department's position "that we don't comment on an ongoing investigation. And we don't take steps that will be viewed as influencing an election," said one Justice Department official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the high-level conversations.

"Director Comey understood our position. He heard it from Justice leadership," the official said. "It was conveyed to the FBI, and Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it."

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 11:42:56 AM
QuoteJustice officials warned FBI that Comey's decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

"Director Comey understood our position. He heard it from Justice leadership," the official said. "It was conveyed to the FBI, and Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it."

Jesus Christ  :lol:

Luckily for him this won't really affect Hillary's win, but his career is utterly and completely over  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Well, I guess we know what Trump was writing that $10M check for. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2016, 11:46:39 AM
Luckily for him this won't really affect Hillary's win, but his career life is utterly and completely over  :lol:
Don't mess with the Clintons.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Luckily for him this won't really affect Hillary's win, but his career is utterly and completely over  :lol:

QuoteWhite House says got no advance notice of new FBI Clinton email review

The White House found out through media reports that the FBI would be reviewing additional emails related to its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private server as secretary of state, a spokesman said Friday.

"We got it through press reports," principal deputy White House press secretary Eric Schultz told reporters during a gaggle aboard Air Force One.

Pretty ballsy, considering that he works for the Attorney General and is appointed by the President. Granted, he's supposed to be an independent law enforcement executive, but still--he doesn't work for the Legislative Branch.  OR DOES HE   :lol:

I think he's power-leveling, and trying to unlock the John Ashcroft boss mode.

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 12:00:36 PM

QuoteWhite House says got no advance notice of new FBI Clinton email review

The White House found out through media reports that the FBI would be reviewing additional emails related to its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private server as secretary of state, a spokesman said Friday.

"We got it through press reports," principal deputy White House press secretary Eric Schultz told reporters during a gaggle aboard Air Force One.

Pretty ballsy, considering that he works for the Attorney General and is appointed by the President. Granted, he's supposed to be an independent law enforcement executive, but still--he doesn't work for the Legislative Branch.  OR DOES HE   :lol:

I think he's power-leveling, and trying to unlock the John Ashcroft boss mode.

Ah good on White House and Justice Department. Puts to bed any suggestion that he was 'just doing his job'.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.