2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Hardly. He may or may not be playing politics but the White House always is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

But I already voted. Day late and dollar short FBI.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2016, 01:05:11 PM

:lol:

Please select one (1) Die Hard FBI scene ONLY:

1) "You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the F.B.I."
2) "Figure we take out the terrorists. Lose twenty, twenty-five percent of the hostages, tops."
3) "We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 29, 2016, 10:30:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2016, 09:46:57 AM
I see a lot of Trump voters on the internet and can't shake the feeling that these dipshits deserve Donald Trump.

Did you ever think perhaps you deserve Donald Trump as well?  :hmm:

I probably deserve worse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 01:12:39 PM

1) "You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the F.B.I."
2) "Figure we take out the terrorists. Lose twenty, twenty-five percent of the hostages, tops."

More is better
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 11:42:56 AM
QuoteJustice officials warned FBI that Comey's decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

Senior Justice Department officials warned the FBI that Director James B. Comey's decision to notify Congress about renewing the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server was not consistent with long-standing practices of the department, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

The bureau told Justice Department officials that Comey intended to inform lawmakers of newly discovered emails. These officials told the FBI the department's position "that we don't comment on an ongoing investigation. And we don't take steps that will be viewed as influencing an election," said one Justice Department official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the high-level conversations.

"Director Comey understood our position. He heard it from Justice leadership," the official said. "It was conveyed to the FBI, and Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it."

Bubba calls in his marker.

garbon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/10/29/trump-supporter-charged-with-voting-twice-in-iowa/?utm_term=.63e542a532e8

QuoteTrump supporter charged with voting twice in Iowa

A woman in Iowa was arrested this week on suspicion of voting twice in the general election, court and police records show.

Terri Lynn Rote, a 55-year-old Des Moines resident, was booked Thursday on a first-degree charge of election misconduct, according to Polk County Jail records. The charge is considered a Class D felony under Iowa state law.

Rote was released Friday after posting $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 7.

The Des Moines Register reported that Rote is a registered Republican who cast two ballots in the general election: an early-voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office and another at a county satellite voting location, according to police records.

Rote hadn't planned on voting twice but said it was "a spur-of-the-moment thing" when she walked by the satellite voting location, she told The Washington Post in a phone interview Saturday.

"I don't know what came over me," Rote said.

She added she has been a supporter of Donald Trump since early in his campaign, after Republican candidate Mike Huckabee dropped out of the primary race.

Rote told Iowa Public Radio that she cast her first ballot for Trump but feared it would be changed to a vote for Hillary Clinton.

"The polls are rigged," Rote told the radio station.

Leigh Munsil, an editor for the Blaze, noted on Twitter that Rote was the same woman who had caucused for Trump earlier this year.

In addition to Rote, the Polk County Auditor's Office reported two other people to police last Wednesday on suspicions of voter fraud, the Des Moines Register reported. In the other two cases, those people cast mail-in ballots and also voted in person at one of the state's early-voting locations, according to the paper.

No arrests were made in the two other cases, the paper reported.

Polk County Auditor Jamie Fitzgerald told the Register that it was the first time in 12 years he could remember having to report possible voter fraud.

"I think it shows that our voting system works in Iowa, that we're able to catch it," Fitzgerald told the paper, adding that the reported instances could have been honest mistakes but "that's not for me to decide."

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2016, 03:21:49 PM.....
snip

So what will be the Trump spin on this?

"we only have amateur voting fraudsters, the Democrats have professionals, which is why those don't get caught  .."  ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

They should implant a chip in all eligible voters.  :mad: You are Scanned when you vote and it uploads to a national data base. This GOP cheating and assault on democracy must stop.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2016, 01:12:39 PM

This line gets me every time  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I imagine that every election plenty of folks (i.e. olds) do the same thing as that Des Moines woman: request an absentee ballot, mail it in, then space out and try to vote at the polls.

I also imagine the reason this particular woman is being charged with fraud is because of what she told NPR about voting twice because she thought her first vote would be changed by the evil rigged system (why would the second vote not be change?).

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son