2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2016, 04:17:01 PM
This was funny...or cringe worthy. Maybe bit of both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDKBBA_nwqc

QuoteBob Schieffer grills Trump surrogate: "Can you admit you have no evidence?"

Ha! That was awesome. Squirm squirm mental gymnastics squirm. I wonder just how bad it got afterwards, by the end of the 5 minute video you could tell she was breathing hard.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Bob Schieffer.  One of the last of the Old Guard.  God bless him.

Admiral Yi

The little yappy brunette went a little too hard.

What is CBSN?  Their 24 hours news channel?

CountDeMoney

Jacob

The Arizona Republic - publishing since 1890 - has never endorsed a Democrat. Today it endorsed Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump:

QuoteSince The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles.

This year is different.

The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.

That's why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president.

QuoteTrump's inability to control himself or be controlled by others represents a real threat to our national security. His recent efforts to stay on script are not reassuring. They are phony.

The president commands our nuclear arsenal. Trump can't command his own rhetoric.

QuoteWe understand that Trump's candidacy tapped a deep discontent among those who feel left behind by a changed economy and shifting demographics.

Their concerns deserve to be discussed with respect.

Ironically, Trump hasn't done that. He has merely pandered. Instead of offering solutions, he hangs scapegoats like piñatas and invites people to take a swing.

In a nation with an increasingly diverse population, Trump offers a recipe for permanent civil discord.

In a global economy, he offers protectionism and a false promise to bring back jobs that no longer exist.

Full article here: http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2016/09/27/hillary-clinton-endorsement/91198668/

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
The Arizona Republic - publishing since 1890 - has never endorsed a Republican. Today it endorsed Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump:

QuoteSince The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles.

This year is different.

The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.

That's why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president.

QuoteTrump's inability to control himself or be controlled by others represents a real threat to our national security. His recent efforts to stay on script are not reassuring. They are phony.

The president commands our nuclear arsenal. Trump can't command his own rhetoric.

QuoteWe understand that Trump's candidacy tapped a deep discontent among those who feel left behind by a changed economy and shifting demographics.

Their concerns deserve to be discussed with respect.

Ironically, Trump hasn't done that. He has merely pandered. Instead of offering solutions, he hangs scapegoats like piñatas and invites people to take a swing.

In a nation with an increasingly diverse population, Trump offers a recipe for permanent civil discord.

In a global economy, he offers protectionism and a false promise to bring back jobs that no longer exist.

Full article here: http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2016/09/27/hillary-clinton-endorsement/91198668/

Fail.  :lol:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on September 28, 2016, 12:33:30 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
The Arizona Republic - publishing since 1890 - has never endorsed a Republican. Today it endorsed Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump:

Fail.  :lol:

:blush:  :lol:

... fixed.

Jacob

Trump campaign sends unsolicited fundraising email to Vicente Fox:

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/780814887190540288/photo/1

Perhaps this mirrors his strategy for getting Mexico to pay for "the wall"? Flood Mexicans with spam email?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2016, 06:44:45 PM

Agreed. I was glad clip cut before we had to see all of her bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2016, 01:29:54 AM

I found her oddly hot.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2016, 01:39:54 AM

Hey, some people are into nagging.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Oh I don't think she'd be girlfriend or wife material. But for a quick fling?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2016, 03:21:37 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2016, 01:39:54 AM

Hey, some people are into nagging.

And you thank God for that!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I think you're confusing nagging with bitching.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon