2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on September 28, 2016, 01:58:36 PM
Yep, he's done for.  Hillary by a 20 point landslide.

What is the point of this repetitive regurgitation?  It seems like an almost Pavlovian response at this point.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2016, 03:54:47 PM
By the way, did we all see that Clarissa/Sabrina is Johnson's CT campaign chair?

Won't shiiling for the gay abortions candidate make it harder for her to get parts in evangelical movies?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2016, 05:10:51 PM

What is the point of this repetitive regurgitation?  It seems like an almost Pavlovian response at this point.
My guess is that's what happens when you realize it's futile making even the usual intellectually dishonest arguments in support of your position, but just can't ever give up on your position.  You just go into mindless troll safe mode.

Admiral Yi

"A person who is flat chested is very hard to be a ten."

#grammarnazisagainsttrump

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2016, 05:56:40 PM

My guess is that's what happens when you realize it's futile making even the usual intellectually dishonest arguments in support of your position, but just can't ever give up on your position.  You just go into mindless troll safe mode.

Mindless is how I do everything!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Shut up, Meg.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Exactly why the Libertarian Party--and Libertarians in general--are never realistic alternatives.  Fruity fucks.

QuoteAleppo 2.0: Gary Johnson can't name single foreign leader
By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Updated: 8:21 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Call it Aleppo 2.0.

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson repeatedly blanked when asked Wednesday by MSNBC host Chris Matthews "who's your favorite foreign leader?"

In a memory freeze lasting almost a minute, Mr. Johnson could not name a single foreign leader without prompting by his running mate, William Weld.

"I guess I'm having 'an Aleppo moment' in the former president of Mexico," said Mr. Johnson.

The former governor of New Mexico, an admitted marijuana smoker, embarrassed himself in an interview earlier this month, asking "and what is Aleppo?" when asked what he would do about the bloody Syrian-Russian offensive against that city.

As Mr. Johnson acknowledged forgetting a name, an incredulous Mr. Matthews said, "I'm giving you the whole world; anybody in the world you like. Anybody."

Mr. Johnson repeated "the former president of Mexico," prompting Mr. Matthews to ask "which one?" to Mr. Johnson's further stammer.  :lol:

Mr. Weld then tried to help out his ticket-mate, saying "Fox? Zedillo?" at which point Mr. Johnson said he meant Vicente Fox, who was president of Mexico from 2000 to 2006 and whom Mr. Johnson called "terrific."

Even funnier when you watch it--
http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/gary-johnson-i-m-having-an-aleppo-moment-775321667757

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2016, 08:32:55 PM
Exactly why the Libertarian Party--and Libertarians in general--are never realistic alternatives.  Fruity fucks.

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Updated: 8:21 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Call it Aleppo 2.0.

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson repeatedly blanked when asked Wednesday by MSNBC host Chris Matthews "who's your favorite foreign leader?"

In a memory freeze lasting almost a minute, Mr. Johnson could not name a single foreign leader without prompting by his running mate, William Weld.

"I guess I'm having 'an Aleppo moment' in the former president of Mexico," said Mr. Johnson.

The former governor of New Mexico, an admitted marijuana smoker, embarrassed himself in an interview earlier this month, asking "and what is Aleppo?" when asked what he would do about the bloody Syrian-Russian offensive against that city.

As Mr. Johnson acknowledged forgetting a name, an incredulous Mr. Matthews said, "I'm giving you the whole world; anybody in the world you like. Anybody."

Mr. Johnson repeated "the former president of Mexico," prompting Mr. Matthews to ask "which one?" to Mr. Johnson's further stammer.  :lol:

Mr. Weld then tried to help out his ticket-mate, saying "Fox? Zedillo?" at which point Mr. Johnson said he meant Vicente Fox, who was president of Mexico from 2000 to 2006 and whom Mr. Johnson called "terrific."

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/gary-johnson-i-m-having-an-aleppo-moment-775321667757

Yeah, I'm not really feeling the Johnson...

Seriously, though, I wish the party had made Weld the Presdizzle candidate instead of Johnson.  I mean, I'm still voting for him, but Weld is obviously the better of the pair for the job.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2016, 08:32:55 PM

Call it Aleppo 2.0.

Too much weed. Spicoli 30 years after.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Baron von Schtinkenbutt