2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2016, 08:50:09 PM
You really think they're going to be turned off by gringo pronounciation?  They're not French.

They'll make fun of it.  Ask me how I know :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 01:41:42 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 12:33:02 AM
I love that Sav makes a point that is mildly critical not even of Hillary but her campaign tactics, and is immediately attacked. The power of denial is strong in Hillanguishers. :D

I like how Martinus is a waste of a poster. Oh wait, I don't. :(

I think you just proved his point :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 09:14:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 01:41:42 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 12:33:02 AM
I love that Sav makes a point that is mildly critical not even of Hillary but her campaign tactics, and is immediately attacked. The power of denial is strong in Hillanguishers. :D

I like how Martinus is a waste of a poster. Oh wait, I don't. :(

I think you just proved his point :ph34r:

I don't think so. I'm just tired of his nonsense - not criticisms of the campaign. I didn't take issue with what Sav said. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 09:11:02 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2016, 08:50:09 PM
You really think they're going to be turned off by gringo pronounciation?  They're not French.

They'll make fun of it.  Ask me how I know :angry:

How do you manage your Spanish with a German accent?

celedhring

To a Spaniard like me, Kaine has the most hilarious accent possible, a mix of gringo Spanish and Central-American Spanish. Worst of both worlds.  :P

Well, if he had a native Texan accent instead of a Midwest one, it would have been even better.  :hmm:

Accent aside, his Spanish is pretty good.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on September 25, 2016, 05:41:53 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 24, 2016, 05:58:32 AM
:huh: McClatchy has Clinton up 7 nationally and Rasmussen has Trump up 5 nationally.

Yeah something's off about the polling.  :hmm:

Don't know about McClatchy - that number seems high.  But Rasmussen does tend to GOP side home cooking.  According to them we're deep into Romney's first term.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2016, 03:14:41 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opinion/sunday/hillary-clinton-for-president.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Running down the other guy won't suffice to make that argument. The best case for Hillary Clinton cannot be, and is not, that she isn't Donald Trump.

Fine sentiment but obviously wrong.  If Lincoln were running the best case for Lincoln would still be not being Trump.  And HC is no Lincoln.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

538 has been consistently wrong this election.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on September 26, 2016, 11:11:36 AM

havent they been consistently wrong in under-estimating Trump?   :ph34r:
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 26, 2016, 11:14:51 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 26, 2016, 11:11:36 AM

havent they been consistently wrong in under-estimating Trump?   :ph34r:

Well, in a few years if president trump is flying to rome to assume the additional responsibilities of caesar and augustus, we will know the preposition "in under-estimating trump" was the critical part of them being wrong.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Heard rumors of Hillary pulling out of Ohio.

celedhring

I made my peace with a Trump presidency. Ultimately looking at it from a purely egotistical point of view, I don't live in the US so I won't be fucked over directly by the populist right running that place, and Spain would probably benefit from Putin appeasement. Have fun those living in countries bordering Russia though.  :hmm:

But it's still going to suck.

Zanza

I am looking forward to the first awkward meeting of Trump and Merkel considering him insulting her several times during his campaign.