2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Who needs basing rights when you have the most luxurious resorts in the world, so luxurious you won't believe how luxurious they are.

Martinus

You guys will learn to love President Trump. :hug:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 04:38:21 PM
You guys will learn to love President Trump. :hug:

You'll love Putin.  And if you try to leave, Operation Keelhaul 2.0 will drag your ass right back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

I don't think Trump is going to nuke anything Seedy. Be an ass for 4 years sure, but the founders built in safeguards for that eventuality.  :hug:

Hell, none of our Brit posters have resorted to cannibalism yet in wake of Brexit despite predictions by some to that effect.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on September 24, 2016, 04:56:43 PM
I don't think Trump is going to nuke anything Seedy. Be an ass for 4 years sure, but the founders built in safeguards for that eventuality.  :hug:

What safeguards are you referring to?

Legbiter

The Republic? As idiot-proof a design as any devised by Enlightenment thought.

Plus Trump will be in a coalition government with the GOP, he'll be busy wrangling both them and the Dems.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on September 24, 2016, 04:56:43 PM
Hell, none of our Brit posters have resorted to cannibalism yet in wake of Brexit despite predictions by some to that effect.

Have you seen the Labour party? :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on September 24, 2016, 05:03:55 PM
The Republic? As idiot-proof a design as any devised by Enlightenment thought.

Plus Trump will be in a coalition government with the GOP, he'll be busy wrangling both them and the Dems.

Your description of the safeguards that would prevent Trump from nuking hither and yon is "The Republic?"   Really? :huh:

HVC

There's plenty of options.  Military coup, assassination, shiny objects to distract him.  We're all good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2016, 05:15:15 PM
There's plenty of options.  Military coup, assassination, shiny objects to distract him.  We're all good.

Oh yeah, those first two options sound stellar...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

When your fallback to "using nuclear weapons" is "military coup", we kinda have a problem. 

HVC

In all seriousness would they command to use a nuke be cause for impeachment due to mental defect or something?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Apparently Donald Trump has invited Gennifer Flowers to sit in the front row at the debate.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
Apparently Donald Trump has invited Gennifer Flowers to sit in the front row at the debate.
i thought that was just a joke because Hilary invited Mark Cuban.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2016, 06:25:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
i thought that was just a joke because Hilary invited Mark Cuban.

They are currently reporting that her assistant says she's going.