2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2016, 06:44:08 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 05:51:33 PM
Saw my first ever real live Trump ad on CNN:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/20/trump-releases-new-campaign-ad-movement/

Yeah, saw that as well.  It looks like one of those employee orientation videos when you first get hired to by a company.

There was one nice touch - the voice over saying "leave the past behind" while showing a clip from a 1992 Bill and Hillary interview.

But other than that - hugely generic.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

"Leave the past behind, vote for Mr. 1985!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2016, 06:56:33 PM
"Leave the past behind, vote for Mr. 1985!"

Was the year the critter that provide his hair was shot.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: celedhring on September 23, 2016, 06:15:41 PM
Poor people don't file tax returns.

In the US every adult that is not legally the dependent of someone else is required to file tax returns, even if it is just to tell the government that they don't owe anything.

garbon

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 23, 2016, 07:27:59 PM
Quote from: celedhring on September 23, 2016, 06:15:41 PM
Poor people don't file tax returns.

In the US every adult that is not legally the dependent of someone else is required to file tax returns, even if it is just to tell the government that they don't owe anything.

If you make under a certain amount in a year, you don't have to file a federal tax return.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
Ted Cruz endorses Trump.

I have to think that's an incredibly poor strategy for him to take.  When he unloaded about Trump the day before he dropped out he used some really strong language about Trump.  "pathological liar".  "utterly amoral".  "a narcissist at a level I don't think this country's ever seen".

And he's voting for him for President?!?  What does that say about your judgment?

Poor Glenn Beck.

In other news Clinton announces a 65% estate tax if elected.  :hmm:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/09/23/hillary-clintons-65-estate-tax-or-donald-trumps-repeal/#2ca9e8045bf7
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jimmy olsen

:huh: McClatchy has Clinton up 7 nationally and Rasmussen has Trump up 5 nationally.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:yuk:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/omarosa-manigault-trump-critics-will-bow-down

QuoteBy Katherine Krueger
Published September 23, 2016, 9:04 AM EDT
Views

After the humiliation of President Barack Obama raking him over the coals for pushing birther conspiracy theories, a top surrogate for Donald Trump said he will have his "ultimate revenge" when all of his critics have to "bow down" to him in the White House.

In a clip previewing an upcoming special from PBS Frontline, published online Thursday, Omarosa Manigault spoke about the abject humiliation Trump felt after Obama did an extended bit about the real estate mogul at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner.

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to president Trump," Manigault said. "It's everyone who's ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe."

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump confidant with loose ties to the campaign, called the 2011 event "the night that [Trump] resolved to run for president."

The special will air on Tuesday.

You can watch the full preview belo
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297383-poll-nearly-half-of-voters-think-trump-will-detonate-a
September 23, 2016, 07:00 am

Poll: Nearly half of voters think Trump will detonate a nuke

By Jonathan Easley

A majority of voters say Donald Trump would allow the U.S. to default on its debt and that he would misuse the power of the presidency to punish his political opponents.

And nearly half of voters — 46 percent — say the GOP nominee would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy.

Those are the findings of a new poll conducted by SurveyMonkey on behalf of the Lincoln Leadership Initiative, a new group helmed by prominent Republican critics of the New York billionaire who are advocating for the Republican Party to dump Trump and return to its "foundational values."

The poll also found that a majority of voters believe that as president, Trump would create a database to track Muslims and order military strikes against the families of terrorists.

Sixty-five percent said that there would be race riots in major cities during a Trump administration, and 44 percent believe Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.

Those views are also held by a significant number of voters who are Trump supporters.

Among those who say they will vote for Trump, 48 percent say he'll create a database to track Muslims; 36 percent say there will be race riots; 33 percent say the government would default on its debt; and 32 percent say Trump would punish his political opponents and authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.

Only 22 percent of Trump supporters believe he will start a nuclear war.

"The poll shows that Donald Trump is getting his message across, because he has promised most of these goals as part of his platform," said B. Jay Cooper, the former deputy White House press secretary and communications director for the Republican National Committee.

Cooper is one of more than 120 Republicans — including two sitting lawmakers — who signed a letter earlier this year to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus urging the national party to cut Trump loose and focus on down-ballot races.

The other principals at the Lincoln Leadership Initiative, former Rep. Tom Coleman (R-Mo.) and Andrew Weinstein, the former spokesman for Newt Gingrich, also signed the letter.

The SurveyMonkey poll of 1,051 registered voters was conducted between Sept. 16 and Sept. 21 and has a 4-percentage-point margin of error.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 24, 2016, 06:07:59 AM

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/omarosa-manigault-trump-critics-will-bow-down

Views

After the humiliation of President Barack Obama raking him over the coals for pushing birther conspiracy theories, a top surrogate for Donald Trump said he will have his "ultimate revenge" when all of his critics have to "bow down" to him in the White House.

In a clip previewing an upcoming special from PBS Frontline, published online Thursday, Omarosa Manigault spoke about the abject humiliation Trump felt after Obama did an extended bit about the real estate mogul at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner.

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to president Trump," Manigault said. "It's everyone who's ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe."

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump confidant with loose ties to the campaign, called the 2011 event "the night that [Trump] resolved to run for president."

You can watch the full preview belo

Thanks Obama
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

mongers

Come November 9th I'm gonna open a thread entitled "The Taint That Gifted The Presidency To Trump".   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 24, 2016, 06:17:05 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297383-poll-nearly-half-of-voters-think-trump-will-detonate-a
September 23, 2016, 07:00 am

Poll: Nearly half of voters think Trump will detonate a nuke

By Jonathan Easley

A majority of voters say Donald Trump would allow the U.S. to default on its debt and that he would misuse the power of the presidency to punish his political opponents.

And nearly half of voters — 46 percent — say the GOP nominee would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy.

<snip>

Oy.  I expect better from The Hill.  "nearly half of voters ... say the GOP nominee would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy" != "Nearly half of voters think Trump will detonate a nuke".  There is a big difference between "will" and "would".  Fucking clickbait shit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 24, 2016, 08:21:04 AM
Oy.  I expect better from The Hill.  "nearly half of voters ... say the GOP nominee would use a nuclear weapon to attack ISIS or another foreign enemy" != "Nearly half of voters think Trump will detonate a nuke".  There is a big difference between "will" and "would".  Fucking clickbait shit.

In this particular case--Trump+nukes+ISIS/Russia/New York Post--I'm willing to forgive the verb tensefail.

Would he nuke ISIS?  Maybe.  Will be nuke somebody, somewhere along the line?  All signs point to 'Fuck Yeah'.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 24, 2016, 06:07:59 AM

Views

Timmay posts a lot of unnecessary bullshit, but this is spot on.  And lands squarely in the Trump psych profile.

People laughed. They're not laughing now. 

He's coming, and Hell is coming with him.