2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 09:41:33 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 24, 2016, 06:07:59 AM
:yuk:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/omarosa-manigault-trump-critics-will-bow-down

QuoteBy Katherine Krueger
Published September 23, 2016, 9:04 AM EDT
Views

After the humiliation of President Barack Obama raking him over the coals for pushing birther conspiracy theories, a top surrogate for Donald Trump said he will have his "ultimate revenge" when all of his critics have to "bow down" to him in the White House.

In a clip previewing an upcoming special from PBS Frontline, published online Thursday, Omarosa Manigault spoke about the abject humiliation Trump felt after Obama did an extended bit about the real estate mogul at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner.

"Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to president Trump," Manigault said. "It's everyone who's ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe."

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump confidant with loose ties to the campaign, called the 2011 event "the night that [Trump] resolved to run for president."

The special will air on Tuesday.

Timmay posts a lot of unnecessary bullshit, but this is spot on.  And lands squarely in the Trump psych profile.

People laughed. They're not laughing now. 

He's coming, and Hell is coming with him. 

It is interesting as this was always rumored as a potential reason that he decided to get into politics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 07:50:14 AM
Come November 9th I'm gonna open a thread entitled "The Taint That Gifted The Presidency To Trump".   <_<

It is well that Tim is in Korea and that Languish is dying. He is the most effective trump campaigner in existence, inadvertent or not.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 09:44:17 AM
It is interesting as this was always rumored as a potential reason that he decided to get into politics.

We'll always be left wondering how the efforts to delegitimize Obama's presidency would've have gone over had he actually been a descendant of American slaves instead of someone with a foreign-born father. 

The Kenyan angle gave these people the best, safest vector for their disguised racism--"Only racists talk about race!  This is about citizenship!"--if they didn't have that escape hatch, and be allowed the opportunity to pour their full-throated efforts into it without consequence. 

If he had been the black urban equivalent of Bill Clinton, instead of raised by a hippie in Hawaii stoner culture, what plausibly deniable angle for their racism would they have used then?

Syt

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297159-trump-on-birther-announcement-i-wanted-to-get-on-with-the

QuoteDonald Trump on Wednesday said he wanted to "get on with the campaign" when he announced last week that he had moved past conspiracy theories about President Obama's birthplace.

When asked what made him change his mind about Obama's birthplace in an interview with Ohio's Fox 28, the Republican nominee replied that he wanted to focus on the real issues of the campaign.

"Well I just wanted to get on with, I wanted to get on with the campaign. A lot of people were asking me questions," he said. "We want to talk about jobs. We want to talk about the military. We want to talk about ISIS and get rid of ISIS. We want to talk about bringing jobs back to this area because you've been decimated so we just wanted to get back on the subject of jobs, military, taking care of our vets, etc."

Trump last week gave a very short speech announcing that he believes President Obama was born in the U.S., a reversal from his long-running "birtherism" campaign.
"Hillary Clinton in her campaign of 2008 started the 'birther' controversy. I finished it," Trump said. "President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period. Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 09:29:34 AM
Will be nuke somebody, somewhere along the line?  All signs point to 'Fuck Yeah'.

Which, IMO, isn't necessarily a bad thing, if the "somebody" is Iran or North Korea.  With Trump, though, you gotta worry that "somebody" will be, say, Uruguay or Ireland.

Razgovory

For some reason, I think that nuking North Korea or Iran may have some negative side effects.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: dps on September 24, 2016, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 09:29:34 AM
Will be nuke somebody, somewhere along the line?  All signs point to 'Fuck Yeah'.

Which, IMO, isn't necessarily a bad thing, if the "somebody" is Iran or North Korea.  With Trump, though, you gotta worry that "somebody" will be, say, Uruguay or Ireland.

I think I've got more faith in many Americans than you guys do, if Trump order a nuclear attack any of the above circumstances, I think several senior officers and some lower ranks would refuse do carry out the order and congress would convene, rule Trump was medically unfit and hand the presidency to the VP.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 02:22:53 PM
I think I've got more faith in many Americans than you guys do, if Trump order a nuclear attack any of the above circumstances, I think several senior officers and some lower ranks would refuse do carry out the order and congress would convene, rule Trump was medically unfit and hand the presidency to the VP.

The process is to streamlined for that, mongers.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2016/03/01/going-it-alone-the-president-and-the-risks-of-a-hair-trigger-nuclear-button/

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 02:34:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 02:22:53 PM

The process is to streamlined for that, mongers.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2016/03/01/going-it-alone-the-president-and-the-risks-of-a-hair-trigger-nuclear-button/

Thanks for the interesting link.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2016, 01:33:27 PM
For some reason, I think that nuking North Korea or Iran may have some negative side effects.

If we nuke one and not the other? Yes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Yes, by all means, let's think how "nuking" nations that directly border Russia and China would play out positively.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 03:42:24 PM
Yes, by all means, let's think how "nuking" nations that directly border Russia and China would play out positively.

By this reasoning, does it mean you are suddenly against nuking Poland?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 03:45:32 PM

Konigsburg doesn't count :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 03:45:32 PM

I'm for nuking you.  If some Polish eggs have to break to make a Marti nuke omelette, then hey. Should've paid attention during those Duck n' Cover drills.

Razgovory

Well, we won't need to worry about foreign deployments in the future.  No country in the world will allow us basing rights.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017