2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 09:11:02 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2016, 08:50:09 PM
You really think they're going to be turned off by gringo pronounciation?  They're not French.

They'll make fun of it.  Ask me how I know :angry:

I wanna know!

Zoupa

Quote from: celedhring on September 26, 2016, 12:02:31 PM
I made my peace with a Trump presidency. Ultimately looking at it from a purely egotistical point of view, I don't live in the US so I won't be fucked over directly by the populist right running that place, and Spain would probably benefit from Putin appeasement. Have fun those living in countries bordering Russia though.  :hmm:

But it's still going to suck.

Yeah pretty much the same. I pretty much called it once he got the GOP nomination  :smarty:

Prepare to fork over the money, Yi!

(Y'all should've really picked Sanders, Clinton's negatives are too high in swing states)

Phillip V

Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2016, 12:26:06 PM
I am looking forward to the first awkward meeting of Trump and Merkel considering him insulting her several times during his campaign.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 11:52:04 AM
Heard rumors of Hillary pulling out of Ohio.

All I can see is she hasn't been there lately.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 12:57:29 PM

Okay.  I'm sure the rumors are false.  She'll storm back into Ohio and gloriously seize the state.  Trump is done. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I don't think he's challenging you, Breitbart.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 12:57:29 PM

Okay.  I'm sure the rumors are false.  She'll storm back into Ohio and gloriously seize the state.  Trump is done. 

What a bizarre response. Is this some sort of post-truth thing?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Just telling you what will happen.  This time Trump has really reached his high water mark.  All Hillary for the next six weeks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I can say that I have noticed an uptick in the number of Hillary yard signs and bumper stickers in my part of town the past week or so.  Not sure why that is, because Trump will surely win my precinct in a landslide.  Johnson might even give Hillary a race for second place.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2016, 02:31:51 PM
Just telling you what will happen.  This time Trump has really reached his high water mark.  All Hillary for the next six weeks.

Oh it is that tired statement again.

garbon

:lol: :cry:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arent-addressing-im-asking-trump-141025838.html

Quote'You aren't addressing what I'm asking you': Trump campaign manager grilled over false debate claim

A panel on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" grilled Donald Trump's campaign manager on Monday over the Republican presidential nominee's false claim that the moderator in the first debate was a Democrat.

Mark Halperin of Bloomberg Politics repeatedly asked campaign manager Kellyanne Conway to answer why Trump tried to undercut NBC anchor Lestor Holt's credibility in suggesting Holt would not be a fair moderator in the first debate, scheduled for Monday night at Hofstra University in New York.

"He said Lester Holt is a Democrat. Lester Holt is a Republican. How could he say such a thing that just black and white was factually incorrect?" Halperin said.

Conway said she believed Holt was "a great choice" to moderate Monday night's debate, adding that Trump was not aware of the NBC anchor's political affiliation when he labeled Holt a partisan Democrat.

"I don't know that he knew what Lester Holt's voter registration was," Conway said.

When Halperin continued to press, Conway brushed off Trump's misstatement as "a terrible and irrelevant example," instead arguing that some media outlets were parroting Hillary Clinton's campaign talking points and pressuring moderators to do increased fact-checking during debates. In past interviews, Conway said debate moderators did not have a responsibility to be fact-checkers.

"What bothers us, Mark, is the very public, very coordinated attempt to game the refs," Conway said.

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski also jumped in, accusing Conway of filibustering instead of answering the question directly.

"We're asking why he lied about Lester Holt," Brzezinski said.

"He didn't lie," Conway responded. "Mika, a lie would mean he knew the man's party registration."

"As president, would he say things he knows are false without knowing they're true?" Halperin replied.

Conway dodged the question, instead pivoting to a critique of several reporters embedded in the campaign and singling out two reporters whose tweets the campaign manager said were "92% negative" toward Trump.

"What I would ask you to do is look at the Twitter feeds of 'objective reporters,' particular our embeds," Conway said. "These are not profiles in courage — this is not journalism.

"There are people who cover our campaign who actually just slander our candidate on Twitter. Ninety-two percent of one of them — I have them all in my desk, we've printed them all out. Ninety-two percent of two of our embeds tweets are negative."

Eddie Teach

Of course he only says things he knows are false when he also knows they're true.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.