2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

He's already guilty as charged for being the banjo kid in Deliverance.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
Convicted  of what?

Criminal conspiracy regarding campaign finance shenanigans during the recall, in violation of state election laws.

When is the trial going to take place?  With all this hubbub, there is surely an on-going investigation-- right?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Googled Scott Walker scandal and got this blog:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/06/20/how-big-could-the-scott-walker-scandal-be/

Which had this interesting factoid:

QuoteScandals involving Republican presidential candidates tended to be more damaging than for Democrats, especially in terms of fundraising and endorsements.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 11:02:32 AM
When is the trial going to take place?  With all this hubbub, there is surely an on-going investigation-- right?

I'll ask the prosecutors handling the investigation the next time I run into them.

Or better yet, you can read the Milwaukee Sentinel your own damn self.  Goddamn.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 11:42:06 AM
Or better yet, you can read the Milwaukee Sentinel your own damn self.  Goddamn.

Why would he do that to himself? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
Convicted  of what?

Criminal conspiracy regarding campaign finance shenanigans during the recall, in violation of state election laws.

The only investigation now are of civil rights abuses by the Democrats and DA's who brought the case, trumping up issues. Case against Walker was tossed out by State and Federal courts. It was just a try to smear Walker. No worries if Walker runs in 2016 as this will likely backfire on Dems instead. Maybe also one of he DA's will have been put in prison by then or something.

derspiess

Hmm, very interesting.  Seems like Seedy was trying to deceive us :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 12:27:10 PM
Hmm, very interesting.  Seems like Seedy was trying to deceive us :hmm:

There are misleading articles in the news this week talking about the case being brought, so that's probably what is going on, but apparently not much about the rest of the back story. I heard about this case being dropped a few weeks ago. Now hearing on the news that civil rights lawsuits are being brought against the people who trumped up this case in the first place.

CountDeMoney

I'm not attempting to mislead anybody. 

He will be convicted for something somewhere down the line for his inhumanity, either here or in space.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 12:35:06 PM
I'm not attempting to mislead anybody. 

He will be convicted for something somewhere down the line for his inhumanity, either here or in space.

:D  Well, he is a monster.  He had teachers pay for part of their retirement and interrupted the cycle of cash moving between the teachers union & Democrat politicians.  May God have mercy on his soul.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 12:50:23 PM
:D  Well, he is a monster.  He had teachers pay for part of their retirement and interrupted the cycle of cash moving between the teachers union & Democrat politicians.  May God have mercy on his soul.

I am thinking life without parole.  We cannot have demons like this man walking amongst the general public.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."