2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'm partial to Christie because that's my demographic.  If I had to put money on it, my guess would be Rand Paul, which is kinda scary actually.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Rand Paul would be ok.

He is kind of kooky, but he has solid foundations, and the kookiness evens out once they get into office.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I think Rand Paul's head would explode from having to actually consider practical considerations and not just act on ideology.  He is useful as a Senator, he would be a disaster as a Governor or President.  One thing for sure his fanbase would turn on him about five minutes after being sworn in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Only when I'm not Standing with Rand.

But seriously, I'd like to see a list of Languish Tea Party activists. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 09:05:22 AM
Only when I'm not Standing with Rand.

But seriously, I'd like to see a list of Languish Tea Party activists.

It is, usually, not a good idea to provide your enemy with a list that tells them where to find you, in case you need to be eliminated.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 11:59:34 PM
I'm partial to Christie because that's my demographic.

Christie is done;  even if Bridgegate doesnt eventually catch up to him, he'd never make it to Super Tuesday intact.

Scott Walker was a potential, but he's going to get convicted.  Couldn't happen to a nicer douchebag.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 10:28:55 AM

Scott Walker was a potential, but he's going to get convicted.  Couldn't happen to a nicer douchebag.

:wacko:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Rand Paul can't be taken seriously as long as he keeps raving on about the Fed, which happens to be one of the few institutions of American government that has been consistently effective over the past few years.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
Convicted  of what?

Criminal conspiracy regarding campaign finance shenanigans during the recall, in violation of state election laws.

derspiess