2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well it has been a year.  Has it worked?  Have the crabs and oysters been saved?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Too early to tell, but all the crabs have WIC cards now.  SAY NO TO SHELLFARE QUEENS

derspiess

So this is all so Seedy can keep getting his half bushel of crabs each Friday.  Figures.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Goddamn right.  Gulf crabs have, I dunno, an oily sheen about them.  Wonder why.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2014, 12:13:49 PM
So this is all so Seedy can keep getting his half bushel of crabs each Friday.  Figures.

Don't be so crabby.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 23, 2014, 12:25:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2014, 12:13:49 PM

Don't be so crabby.

I'm not so much crabby as jelly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2014, 07:06:51 PM
So buzzfeed had an article recently about O'Malley looking like someone who wants to run for President. Hands down, almost every single comment on the article was someone from Maryland talking about how much they hate him. Odd! Seeds is he that terrible?
Wasn't he played by Petyr Baelish on The Wire?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

We just had the Republican primary Senate runoff here in Georgia. I know the Democrats think they have a shot to win the seat, but the winner of the Republican run off is probably the next Senator.

David Perdue, a businessman who doesn't have political experience and was originally considered not conservative enough to be a favorite (though with enough money to pose a threat), was up against Jack Kingston, a 20 year congressman who got most of the hardcore right wing hack endorsements. But he also got the US Chamber of Commerce endorsement, which campaigned for him.

Now you might think that the US Chamber of Commerce endorsement would help in a Republican primary, especially when the opponent's main case is that he is an outsider with business experience. But Perdue won in an upset, and some are attributing that to Perdue using the Chamber of Commerce endorsement against Kingston. The story goes that Perdue was able to convince people that Kingston would be soft on immigration, as evidenced by the Chamber of Commerce endorsement.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2014, 12:10:06 PM
Well it has been a year.  Has it worked?  Have the crabs and oysters been saved?
It's gonna take decades to fix. We've been trying to save Narragansett Bay for 20 years and it's still one of the most polluted in the country due to so much contamination of the soil during the Industrial Revolution that ends up in the Bay as run off.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on July 24, 2014, 08:48:29 PM
Now you might think that the US Chamber of Commerce endorsement would help in a Republican primary, especially when the opponent's main case is that he is an outsider with business experience. But Perdue won in an upset, and some are attributing that to Perdue using the Chamber of Commerce endorsement against Kingston. The story goes that Perdue was able to convince people that Kingston would be soft on immigration, as evidenced by the Chamber of Commerce endorsement.

Yeah, that's a double-edged sword these day, due to the fact that the Chamber of Commerce is very much pro-open borders and illegal immigration is becoming a bigger issue.

CountDeMoney

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 24, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

Yeah, that's a double-edged sword these day, due to the fact that the Chamber of Commerce is very much pro-open borders and illegal immigration racism and xenophobia continues to attract ignorant voters. is becoming a bigger issue.

FYP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Valmy

illegal immigration is becoming a bigger issue.

An issue to talk about.  Nobody has ever seemed to be capable of doing jack or shit about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 08:32:23 AM
illegal immigration is becoming a bigger issue.

An issue to talk about.  Nobody has ever seemed to be capable of doing jack or shit about it.

True.  Thing is, most voters were not overly concerned about the issue until recently.