2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

This random graph was the closest thing I could find about opinion polling on illegal immigration.

Actually here is some Gallup stuff.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Immigration is an issue only because the Teabaggers won't shut up about it.  Because freedomness and libertitude means hating immigrants.

I heard a stat on the radio from a recent poll that 1 out of 6 people now say immigration is the nation's #1 issue.

"Jerry, just remember--it's not a lie if you believe it."--George Costanza

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2014, 09:03:33 AM
Immigration is an issue only because the Teabaggers won't shut up about it.  Because freedomness and libertitude means hating immigrants.

Immigration policy should focus on what most benefits current American citizens-- Agree or Disagree?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 09:05:29 AM

Immigration policy should focus on what most benefits current American citizens-- Agree or Disagree?

Immigration policy should focus on immigration policy, not partisan bullshit designed to whip up the base into more of a racist, xenophobic frenzy than it already is.

Valmy

This is a blip created by the tidal wave to children overhwhelming Texas, breaking us off from the continental shelf, and sending us floating out to sea.  Only to be held fast by the great suckage of Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

Immigration policy should focus on immigration policy, not partisan bullshit designed to whip up the base into more of a racist, xenophobic frenzy than it already is.

ANSWER PLEASE

Valmy

It seems to do that organically.  Our lawns are not going to mow themselves!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

"I'll take 'Jap Anus Relations' for $400, Alex."  That's my answer, douchebag.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2014, 09:10:29 AM

It seems to do that organically.  Our lawns are not going to mow themselves!

Still can't figure out why people deny themselves the pleasure of mowing their own lawns. 

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2014, 09:03:37 AM
Actually this was the one I had in mind:

Maybe if that holds but from that data nothing to say that it isn't momentary preoccupation for July.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

And there is the precise definition of a xenophobe.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Education policy should focus on what most benefits current American citizens-- Agree or Disagree?

If your answer is answer is "agree" - do you believe that public education should be denied to all non-citizens (e.g. children of lawful permanent residents)?  If not, explain.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on July 25, 2014, 09:50:27 AM

And there is the precise definition of a xenophobe.

:lol:  Good one.  You think I'm a xenophobe?

Valmy

You do seem to have an irrational dislike of Brazilians. :hmm: