2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on June 20, 2014, 12:47:16 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 20, 2014, 12:46:07 PM
What about Jeb Bush as the GOP nominee? :hmm:

Republican Tradition -10

Yeah.  I find Jeb likeable & all, but I just think we've had enough Bushes & Clintons in national politics to last us a while.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Personally, I agree.  I was just surprised nobody had mentioned him yet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 12:50:23 PM
:D  Well, he is a monster.  He had teachers pay for part of their retirement and interrupted the cycle of cash moving between the teachers union & Democrat politicians.  May God have mercy on his soul.

You better hope you never have to go in for surgery, because I will make sure Ed Schultz teabags you under general anesthesia.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

It does seem like Jeb should be the strongest candidate.
The voters shouldn't penalize him just because they went for the wrong Bush the last time.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

The great tragedy of Ed Schultz is that he wasn't able to break legs for the Teamsters during their golden age.

Hansmeister

Quote from: KRonn on June 20, 2014, 12:32:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2014, 12:27:10 PM
Hmm, very interesting.  Seems like Seedy was trying to deceive us :hmm:

There are misleading articles in the news this week talking about the case being brought, so that's probably what is going on, but apparently not much about the rest of the back story. I heard about this case being dropped a few weeks ago. Now hearing on the news that civil rights lawsuits are being brought against the people who trumped up this case in the first place.

Yes, this story was trumped up by the NYTimes, which created a page 1 story loaded with insinuations and leaving out the critical parts that this whole thing was already tossed out and the prosecutors themselves are now in legal jeopardy. The rest of the msm simply regurgitated the NYT false talking points and here we are. No wonder nobody trusts the news media anymore.

CountDeMoney

The Federal judge that squashed it simply said that in light of recent campaign finance rulings like Citizens United, there's really no such thing as violating state finance laws anymore.  Not exactly the strongest ruling. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 20, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

Yes, this story was trumped up by the NYTimes, which created a page 1 story loaded with insinuations and leaving out the critical parts that this whole thing was already tossed out and the prosecutors themselves are now in legal jeopardy. The rest of the msm simply regurgitated the NYT false talking points and here we are. No wonder nobody trusts the news media anymore.

So you think they were stealing your schtick?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

No. That would have meant a NYT writer firing his editor.

derspiess

:pinch:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/us/politics/sales-of-hillary-clintons-new-memoir-drop-sharply-in-2nd-week.html?_r=0

QuoteThe second-week figures also increase the likelihood that Simon & Schuster will not sell enough books to make up for Mrs. Clinton's advance, said a publishing executive who did not want to speak on the record about a competitor's book.

DGuller

The problem with her book is the problem with most books:  it's too long.  There is no reason why a book chapter can't be whittled down to a tweet or two.

Hansmeister

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 08:32:31 AM
The problem with her book is the problem with most books:  it's too long.  There is no reason why a book chapter can't be whittled down to a tweet or two.

No, the problem with the book is that she doesn't have anything interesting to say. Hillary is too concerned with not ruffling any feathers in order to not risk alienating any constituency to say anything remotely interesting. Or, more likely, she just isn't a very interesting person.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2014, 08:32:31 AM

Some of it should be pop-up.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.