2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2014, 02:49:18 PM
Just got that Hil book and damn, there are so many photos. I've never needed this many photos of Hillary Clinton.

That will spare you from having to read too much.  Every review I've read about it paints it as a snooze from someone too focused to retain electability to say anything remotely interesting. And I haven't read any conservative reviews yet.  I hope you didn't spend too much on it, given how poorly it is selling you'd be able to get it in the discount bin very shortly.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 02:58:03 PM
Anything risque?  :perv:

There are some photos of Biden looking like he is perving on Hil. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hansmeister

Huntsman is a joke. A colorless, substance less politician who hides behind mush because he either lacks conviction or is afraid of taking a position.  He exemplifies why most supposedly "moderate" politicians represent the worst in politics.

You can be a moderate like Giuliani, Christie, or Manchin who hold strong, but unorthodox, position or you can be a colorless weasel who either lack a core or spend most of their time hiding it in order to not offend anyone.

Admiral Yi

Just got that Hil book and damn, there are so many photos. I've never needed this many photos of Hillary Clinton.

How many show her ass?

garbon

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 19, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

That will spare you from having to read too much.  Every review I've read about it paints it as a snooze from someone too focused to retain electability to say anything remotely interesting. And I haven't read any conservative reviews yet.  I hope you didn't spend too much on it, given how poorly it is selling you'd be able to get it in the discount bin very shortly.

Washington Post has an interesting bit regarding sales.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/18/hard-choices-is-bombing-especially-if-you-ask-hillarys-critics/

QuoteHey, did you know that Hillary Clinton's new book, Hard Choices, is selling pretty well? It "topped the Barnes & Noble best-seller list in its first week," as BuzzFeed reported on Monday. The publisher is "thrilled with 'Hard Choices' strong start right out of the gate," Politico quotes Simon & Schuster's president as saying. Also: The book is selling terribly. The book is a "bomb," per an unnamed source quoted at the Daily Mail. The New York Post used the same word, picking up a report from the Weekly Standard saying that the book had only sold about 84,000 copies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Well they dug up the ET Atari cartridges, so there's probably some landfill space if they end up with too many unsold copies.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hansmeister

Well, the link got updated and the numbers came in at 85,000 books, which given an $14 million advance and a massive publicity blitz is pretty bad.  They will never come close to recuperating their expenses.

A quarter century in the political limelight without any real accomplishments to show for it and she is yesterday's news. No wonder the left is getting antsy as she is trying to get coronated as the Democratic nominee. Democratic primaries tend to be somewhat unpredictable, favoring outsiders over establishment candidates.  Democrats usually only nominate establishment candidates when they think that the odds are against them

The GOP tends to always nominate the "natural" next in line.

derspiess

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 19, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

Yeah-- "Hey, let's go with the guy who lost the last primary.  He'll probably win."
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hansmeister

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

Yeah-- "Hey, let's go with the guy who lost the last primary.  He'll probably win."

Well, they know the MSM launches a savage smear campaign against every GOP candidate so they figure that four years later they have shot their wads with fake outrages and fake claims so they can actually run a real campaign.

Berkut

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 19, 2014, 03:09:07 PM
Huntsman is a joke. A colorless, substance less politician who hides behind mush because he either lacks conviction or is afraid of taking a position.  He exemplifies why most supposedly "moderate" politicians represent the worst in politics.

You can be a moderate like Giuliani, Christie, or Manchin who hold strong, but unorthodox, position or you can be a colorless weasel who either lack a core or spend most of their time hiding it in order to not offend anyone.

That is rich considering that Huntsman is such a coward and weasel that he was willing to alienate the hard core nutbar "establishment" Tea Party and get himself basically kicked out of the party.

What a tool unwilling to take a stand.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Well, the link got updated and the numbers came in at 85,000 books, which given an $14 million advance and a massive publicity blitz is pretty bad.  They will never come close to recuperating their expenses.

A quarter century in the political limelight without any real accomplishments to show for it and she is yesterday's news. No wonder the left is getting antsy as she is trying to get coronated as the Democratic nominee. Democratic primaries tend to be somewhat unpredictable, favoring outsiders over establishment candidates.  Democrats usually only nominate establishment candidates when they think that the odds are against them

The Republican attack machine needs better lines.  Someone who is "yesterday's news" shouldn't actually be in the news when the claim is made.  But the Republicans havent been big on logic for some time.

Razgovory

Biggest problem with Hillary is that she's getting old.  Oh and she killed Vince Foster and such.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 19, 2014, 03:57:59 PM
Biggest problem with Hillary is that she's getting old.  Oh and she killed Vince Foster and such.

And she meekly stood by her man.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

The Republican attack machine needs better lines.  Someone who is "yesterday's news" shouldn't actually be in the news when the claim is made.  But the Republicans havent been big on logic for some time.

Is Hans all Republicans? :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2014, 04:02:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Is Hans all Republicans? :P

No, I keep hoping there are some sane ones out there