Who do You Guess Bombed the Boston Marathon?

Started by Admiral Yi, April 17, 2013, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah blah blah

Jihadists
13 (25%)
Some White Guys (gun rights, Aryan nation, militia, tea party, etc.)
17 (32.7%)
Lone Nut (Unabomber type)
14 (26.9%)
Crazy-ass conspiracy theory about profiting from a fall in the market
1 (1.9%)
Jaron
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Admiral Yi

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 08:26:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2013, 08:17:01 PM
Incidentally, why no North Korean option ?

Because it's not an option the North Koreans would use?

But yet, per derspiess' question, we can hope.  'Cause I'd really like to see fat boy get squashed like the bug he is.

OTOH, I figure lone nut.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2013, 08:53:49 PM
:lol:

Buncha pussies. 

BRING IT ON

Ya know?  You'd think, while admitting to no connection at all, they would at the very least agree in principle with the killing of Americans.  Fuckers don't even have the balls to do that.

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 08:41:10 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 08:37:42 PM
Why not Taxachussetts liberals?

Do they do that?

Why not?  Bring the fight directly to the people, punish the sinners, etc.  And crowds are much softer targets than government facilities.  It's rational, especially for an inexperienced terrorist or one without great resources.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 08:50:41 PMYeah, I kind of got a kick out of that.  They wasted no time distancing themselves from the attack.

That's satisfying.

Viking

Ever since Utøya I have stopped speculating on topics like this.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
So 11b4v, what's it going to take for you to admit you are wrong here?
Try a broomstick

Sorry Raz, missed that one.

I'm not.

Ah, so your trolling got it.  Sorry, I responded.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 09:02:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 08:41:10 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 08:37:42 PM
Why not Taxachussetts liberals?

Do they do that?

Why not?  Bring the fight directly to the people, punish the sinners, etc.  And crowds are much softer targets than government facilities.  It's rational, especially for an inexperienced terrorist or one without great resources.

Oh, I thought you were naming Taxachusetts liberals as potential suspects :D

But anyway, no I'm not seeing that.  Wouldn't rule it out, though.  Wouldn't rule anything out at this point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: derspeissOh, I thought you were naming Taxachusetts liberals as potential suspects :D

If you look at the shrapnel fragments carefully, it spells out a demand for single-payer insurance.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 09:10:21 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: Maximus on April 17, 2013, 08:23:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
So 11b4v, what's it going to take for you to admit you are wrong here?
Try a broomstick

Sorry Raz, missed that one.

I'm not.

Ah, so your trolling got it.  Sorry, I responded.

No, merely calling play by play of Fahdiz humiliating you. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Don't feel humiliated.  Now that I know you are trolling, I can safely take what you say as a grain of salt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

I have a feeling it's one of the Obama hater group.  A Muslim group would have been keen making a claim - and a point.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Don't feel humiliated.  Now that I know you are trolling, I can safely take what you say as a grain of salt.
Likewise, but I'm no good at trolling. Unlike yourself. ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I think it's more humiliating to Fahdiz that he got drawn in to the web.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?