Who do You Guess Bombed the Boston Marathon?

Started by Admiral Yi, April 17, 2013, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah blah blah

Jihadists
13 (25%)
Some White Guys (gun rights, Aryan nation, militia, tea party, etc.)
17 (32.7%)
Lone Nut (Unabomber type)
14 (26.9%)
Crazy-ass conspiracy theory about profiting from a fall in the market
1 (1.9%)
Jaron
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
I think it's more humiliating to Fahdiz that he got drawn in to the web.

In no way. He merely responded to a personal attack from Raz.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Don't feel humiliated.  Now that I know you are trolling, I can safely take what you say as a grain of salt.
Likewise, but I'm no good at trolling. Unlike yourself. ;)

No, you aren't.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2013, 09:50:54 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 09:47:04 PM
Don't feel humiliated.  Now that I know you are trolling, I can safely take what you say as a grain of salt.
Likewise, but I'm no good at trolling. Unlike yourself. ;)

No, you aren't.

Of course not. That why my responses on your humiliation are not a troll for you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

The phrase is actually, "with a grain of salt." From the ancient world in which some poison antidotes were given with a single grain of salt as this (was believed) to make them effective.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 07:17:42 PM
Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, but who do you guys *hope* did it?  This guy desperately hopes it's a white dude:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/

His arguement is pretty bizarre.  We blamed a terrorist network when it was a terrorist network...therefore a double standard is at play?  Also selective memory, law enforcement was all over the crazies and their militias after the McVeigh thing.  And they are going nutso again after the Sandy Hook thing.  Not to mention the fact McVeigh blew up a building in BFE Oklahoma City while AQ took down the World freaking Trade Center and the Pentagon.  Besides he is acting like all of us are the racist assholes who went out and did anti-Muslim shit after 9/11....I mean really whatever the lowest scum of America does is all of us?  We are all KKK!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, but who do you guys *hope* did it?  This guy desperately hopes it's a white dude:

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/
I hope it's North Koreans. :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Hey, where's the option for Janet Napolitano? Gotta have some big events to spark the coup.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2013, 10:11:06 PM
Hey, where's the option for Janet Napolitano? Gotta have some big events to spark the coup.

:perv:  I'm a slave to her feminine charm.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2013, 10:07:18 PM
Also selective memory, law enforcement was all over the crazies and their militias after the McVeigh thing.

Talk about selective memory, indeed--people overplay that whole we-suspected-Muslims-at-Oklahoma-City-at-first thing waaaaay too much.

That rumor and possibility--not even circulated by most news organizations--was pretty much snuffed out by 2pm that day, even by the press;  I was still on the force at the time, and the FBI guys that came in and briefed us in the middle of the double shifts that day were talking Waco sympathizers and a very localized threat because it was a Federal building in the mid-west on April 19th.  They considered it a very, very weak possibility that there could be Islamic fundie connections like WTC 1993.

Razgovory

His arguement is pretty bizarre.  We blamed a terrorist network when it was a terrorist network...therefore a double standard is at play?  Also selective memory, law enforcement was all over the crazies and their militias after the McVeigh thing.  And they are going nutso again after the Sandy Hook thing.  Not to mention the fact McVeigh blew up a building in BFE Oklahoma City while AQ took down the World freaking Trade Center and the Pentagon.  Besides he is acting like all of us are the racist assholes who went out and did anti-Muslim shit after 9/11....I mean really whatever the lowest scum of America does is all of us?  We are all KKK!

Well terrorist network was applied fairly broadly and people's connections were pretty loose.

Ideologue

I mean, in the sense that I hope it's anyone, I "hope" the motive right-wing extremists, because it could stand to be further discredited.  Radical Islam is already thoroughly discredited and we don't need a minor event to keep our civilizational war alive.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Speaking of the lowest scum: my God Louie Gohmert LOLZ he has to be the dumbest man in America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKN2om1C2bU

Republicans please remember these are the sorts of guys we put in power next time you think what a great idea it would be to support a Texan for the Presidency again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

citizen k

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2013, 10:11:06 PM

:perv:  I'm a slave to her feminine charm.

She's like a butch Janet Reno.  :huh: