Who do You Guess Bombed the Boston Marathon?

Started by Admiral Yi, April 17, 2013, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah blah blah

Jihadists
13 (25%)
Some White Guys (gun rights, Aryan nation, militia, tea party, etc.)
17 (32.7%)
Lone Nut (Unabomber type)
14 (26.9%)
Crazy-ass conspiracy theory about profiting from a fall in the market
1 (1.9%)
Jaron
7 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
Random nut/bored kid.

Now that would truly be anti-climatic:  some little emo shit without the balls to stay home to cut himself to My Chemical Romance, trying to whack his girlfriend or impress Jodi Foster.

I'd think that would be pretty terrifying, that a totally off the radar kid who feels disenfranchised with life could up and decide to do something so big.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2013, 11:28:40 PM
I'd think that would be pretty terrifying, that a totally off the radar kid who feels disenfranchised with life could up and decide to do something so big.

I don't think so.  They shoot up schools all the time.  No biggie.

Grinning_Colossus

Lone, out-of-shape and resentful, nut. The same guy is mailing the ricin letters.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

I notice that Nork sleeper agent isn't on the list.

What are you trying to hide?  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

I'm going with narcissistic nutcase who found the recipe for making the bombs on the internet.

derspiess

Apparently the Saudi student who had been a "person of interest" is being deported for some reason. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2013, 09:26:35 AM
Apparently the Saudi student who had been a "person of interest" is being deported for some reason.
knowing this country, probably an expired visa.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son