And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2013, 09:19:54 AM
Crock pot fires are dangerous though.

Goddamned right.  Pressure cookers are exploding all over the world, you can only imagine the threat crock pots pose.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2013, 09:21:09 AM
Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2013, 08:39:46 AM
Wow... the woman was killed two days ago. Can we give it a week at least before we start with this shit?

Jesus.

We have this conversation everytime. Humour is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with grief.
languish does gallows humour well
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on April 17, 2013, 09:26:30 AM
Wow... the woman was killed two days ago. Can we give it a week at least before we start with this shit?

Jesus.

We have this conversation everytime. Humour is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with grief.
languish does gallows humour, well
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Jesus.

You think Raz or AR are grieving?

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:25:15 AM

Goddamned right.  Pressure cookers are exploding all over the world, you can only imagine the threat crock pots pose.

You have me convinced.  If I see a crock pot beside the road I am getting the fuck out of there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

QuoteFox pulls 'Family Guy' episode referring to deaths at Boston Marathon; no plans to re-air
By Associated Press, Published: April 16

NEW YORK — Fox has pulled from websites a recent episode of "Family Guy" that depicts mass deaths at the Boston Marathon, and has no immediate plans to air it again.

Fox spokeswoman Gaude Paez said Tuesday the episode has been removed from Fox.com and Hulu.com.

In the episode, protagonist Peter Griffin is asked by sports announcer Bob Costas about his performance at the marathon. A flashback shows Peter mowing down runners with his car.

"I'll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it," Griffin says. "And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him."

Later, Peter befriends a terrorist who, unbeknownst to him, is plotting to blow up a bridge. When Peter dials a cellphone the friend has given him, explosions and screams are heard. On some websites, an edited clip has been circulating that fuses the two scenes, making it seem — incorrectly — as if the explosion was at the marathon. Some commenters have implied that the show "predicted" the bombings.

"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent anger over the edited clip and offer condolences to victims of Monday's bombings at the marathon.

"The edited 'Family Guy' clip currently circulating is abhorrent," MacFarlane tweeted. "The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims."

Personally, I thought it was a hilarious episode.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2013, 09:32:09 AM

You have me convinced.  If I see a crock pot beside the road I am getting the fuck out of there.

Only you can prevent forest fires at 170°F for 6 hours.

PDH

Quote from: Jacob on April 17, 2013, 09:31:28 AM

You think Raz or AR are grieving?

Raz, I don't even want to think about.

AR is using gallows humor to not make sense, but to deflect emotion from unthinkable to risible.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

So, have no groups claimed responsibility so far? Normally, someone would try to coat tail on these things.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I kinda wonder if that Saudi guy who was tackled by Mart right after the blast is a genuine suspect, and they emphatic announcements that he's not are a ruse to trick him into communicating with someone in the hopes that he thinks he's not under surveillance. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 17, 2013, 09:50:15 AM
I kinda wonder if that Saudi guy who was tackled by Mart right after the blast is a genuine suspect, and they emphatic announcements that he's not are a ruse to trick him into communicating with someone in the hopes that he thinks he's not under surveillance. :hmm:

You sound like FBI material, son.  Apply today!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:32:39 AM
Personally, I thought it was a hilarious episode.

Yep.  My kid liked the Angry Birds part.  But still a bit creepy to watch again after Monday.  Need to flag it for "do not delete" on the Tivo, cuz who knows if we'll ever see it again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Jay Mohr blamed the bombing on gun culture & called for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Nothing wrong with crock pots. Now, toaster ovens, those fucking things are dangerous.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".