News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2013, 12:56:19 PM
I believe the French regular is displaced to Calais since it's closest to Edinburgh.

QuoteWhen displacement occurs, any land units and army leaders occupying these spaces are placed in the nearest fortified space controlled by their power or in their capital (if under friendly control).

Capital, I say.

Habbaku

Sol's up to make a mess of France and the Netherlands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Protestants: Play Card as Event

#79: 3 / Synod of Emden
Flip any 3 spaces in the Netherlands to Protestant religious influence. Spaces do NOT have to meet the Protestant Conversion Conditions (18.5). Remove from deck if played as event.

Message from Protestants:
Flip Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#21: 5 / Foreign Volunteers
Message from Ottoman:
For CPs :

1-2/5 - Sokollu + 5 regulars to Malta.
3/5 - Assault Malta.

Malta falls with no losses.  Ottoman hordes party in Valletta.

Quote4/5 CPs - Naval Move.

Galley in East Med. to North African Coast.
Dragut and 2 corsairs to Ionian Sea.
Galley in Coron to Ionian Sea.
HRE galley to Ionian Sea.

5/5 CPs - Naval Move. 5 galleys and Piyale Pasha from Ionian Sea to Barbary Coast.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations
#65: 2 / Puritans
The English player must choose to allow you to either (1) draw a random card from his hand or (2) add unrest to 3 unoccupied spaces in England. If the card draw is selected, draw the card and reveal it to all players. Then choose to either discard the drawn card or give it to the Protestant player (you may not keep it yourself unless you are Protestant).

Message from Spain:
Build galley in Palma
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Edit VPs

Ottoman: from 12 to 14
Spain: from 15 to 14
England: from 9 to 9
France: from 11 to 11
Holy Roman Empire: from 7 to 7
Protestants: from 12 to 12
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Used taxis to give a card to the Protestants.

Ulmont is up

Habbaku

Ulmont, you have to leave at least 1 Protestant space in a zone.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

ulmont

Converted most of the rest of France.  Damned shame the rolls came in that order, since the single conversion roll wasn't useful in retrospect.

Viking up.

Viking

This dice rolling thing is getting confusing...

testing a theory... I'll be reversing the labels every time I roll.. so, e.g. resolving the the polish war, I'll declare the poles are attacking and give them the number of dice the hre get when attacking and I'll declare the hre are defending and give them as many dice as the poles get defending... I'll also reverse the order.. so just swap poles for HRE and we'll see what happens..

my advice to solmyr.. do the same thing since virtually every single catholic roll has hit so far

edit: that is actually pretty confusing. I'll make the declarations as normal, but the dice rolled under the HRE banner will be the polish dice and the dice rolled under the polish banner will be the hre dice.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 18, 2013, 02:51:23 PM
my advice to solmyr.. do the same thing since virtually every single catholic roll has hit so far

I had a pretty ineffective suppression attempt last impulse, followed by an effective one.

Habbaku

I think Viking is starting to crack up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Maybe ACTS just hates Protestants. :P

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.