News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 10:49:06 AM
Last night Brittany dared to get involved in my Irish backyard (my Sphere of Influence as England) and I decided to kick the crap out of them (which I did, but because I lost a full 10K army commanded by Henry IV himself after the AI got lucky and caught me with my morale pants down it took 4 years), and as tribute I ordered them to cut diplomatic ties with every single Irish country.  :menace:
Oh I forgot, I forged Karaman to end its alliance with the Timurids as well, which is nice because I have a mission wherein I need to vassalize them at the moment, which I can do in 5 years I suppose.

I wonder how long these forced treaty revocations last though?  Neat little addition in any event.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

It is not rare that the AI manages 2-3 HRE votes to get through, but then not much.

I do agree that it is a bit too easy to exploit by a player Emperor, altough I can say that wars will not get easier as time goes, on the contrary, so your job might not be as easy as it seems now.

crazy canuck

I downloaded the expansion from stardock using impulse and now it wont install properly. <_<

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

I get an error during installation that says there is not enough free space in the temporary folder.  I only have about 300 fee gigs on that drive.  A few others have reported the same problem in the Stardock forums.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2009, 10:06:14 PM
I get an error during installation that says there is not enough free space in the temporary folder.  I only have about 300 fee gigs on that drive.  A few others have reported the same problem in the Stardock forums.

Impulse is a POS, should have used gamersgate

Razgovory

I reckon I'll have to get this again.  I don't know where my hard copy is and the serial is gone.  I can get it off Gamersgate cheaply though.  Although I suspect it will take forever to download.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Vricklund

Quote from: Vricklund on December 16, 2009, 05:06:49 AM
I've checked the required specs and I have a nagging feeling that my 2x1.5GHz processor will not run this game. Anyone playing eu3 on a similar lowspec laptop or should I just buy myself a spanking new, red, plastic sledge and join the other kids on the slopes?

Should I take it from the lack of answers that you're all running this game on the very latest NASA style computers?

It's either that or take it personally. :)

Tamas

Quote from: Vricklund on December 17, 2009, 03:45:00 AM
Quote from: Vricklund on December 16, 2009, 05:06:49 AM
I've checked the required specs and I have a nagging feeling that my 2x1.5GHz processor will not run this game. Anyone playing eu3 on a similar lowspec laptop or should I just buy myself a spanking new, red, plastic sledge and join the other kids on the slopes?

Should I take it from the lack of answers that you're all running this game on the very latest NASA style computers?

It's either that or take it personally. :)

If you don't make the minimum required, don't buy it, it won't work well.

DisturbedPervert

2x1.5 is way above the minimum requirements.  You don't even need a dual core for it.  As long as your video card meets the requirements you should be fine.

Tamas

Oh yes be very careful! Integrated Intel video cards DO NOT run the game. Do not buy it if you have one of these pieces  of crap

Vricklund

Hmm, thanks. It was mostly the CPU I was worried about. The video card should be fine, it's a ATI card with 128MB dedicated memory. Pixelshader is not a problem.

Lucidor

Quote from: Tamas on December 17, 2009, 04:57:25 AM
Oh yes be very careful! Integrated Intel video cards DO NOT run the game. Do not buy it if you have one of these pieces  of crap
Latest Intel 4500 HD does.

ulmont

Quote from: Lucidor on December 17, 2009, 01:32:18 PM

I have a Macbook with some sort of Integrated Intel video card, and it also runs EU3.

Lucidor

Quote from: Lucidor on December 17, 2009, 01:32:18 PM
http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=820