And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Caliga on December 21, 2009, 06:32:30 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 20, 2009, 09:29:08 AM
Once thing it's still sorely missing is the ability to give provinces conquered in a war directly to other people. As Austria, I smacked down the upstart Palatinate and wanted to return some of their Bavarian provinces back to Bavaria, but the only way to do it was to annex them myself first and take the infamy hit.
:huh: Sell the province to whoever you want for 0 ducats?

That's annoying, and you have to take the infamy hit even though you are liberating core provinces on behalf of someone else.

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2009, 06:28:55 AM
How do you guys keep your head above water prestige wise? My allies keep getting in absolutely retarded wars that I don't want to get involved in. <_<
Don't get allied if you don't want to fight in alliance wars.

jimmy olsen

Is there anyway to raise the legitimacy of a weak heir?

Otherwise it seems like I'm headed for a PU with Castile. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2009, 07:13:14 AM
Is there anyway to raise the legitimacy of a weak heir?

Otherwise it seems like I'm headed for a PU with Castile. <_<
Nope, weak heirs will forever remain weak.

jimmy olsen

Crap, is there a way to break the PU without war then?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

You'll likely need to employ the deus ex machina tactic in this case.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

No.

I see three personal unions coming up, does that mean
there's going to be a succession war? Or am I reading it
wrong and I'm the one who's benefiting?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Why the flying fuck do you have so many RMs dude? If my monarch has low authority and/or a weak heir, I don't accept any RMs, except maybe for a couple of very weak countries who would not dare claim my throne. Adopt to the expansion, dude. It's no longer spamming-RMs-time like it used to be.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on December 21, 2009, 08:30:29 AM
Why the flying fuck do you have so many RMs dude? If my monarch has low authority and/or a weak heir, I don't accept any RMs, except maybe for a couple of very weak countries who would not dare claim my throne. Adopt to the expansion, dude. It's no longer spamming-RMs-time like it used to be.
I had a strong heir for a long time. He died and got replaced by this chump.

1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2009, 07:39:47 AM
Once you're in PU, you have to wait for the guy to croak.  However, until that happens, can't you just break the royal marriage with Castille?  I've never been in that situation, so I don't know what happens.

dps

Heck, even without HttT, I don't like to have too many RMs.  If you're not careful, you end up either taking stab hits for entering wars your allies start, or having to dishonor the alliance.

ulmont

Make sure your relations with Castile are low before your monarch dies, and then I believe the PU will break on monarch death.

Drakken

Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2009, 08:55:02 AM
Once you're in PU, you have to wait for the guy to croak.  However, until that happens, can't you just break the royal marriage with Castille?  I've never been in that situation, so I don't know what happens.

AFAIK breaking the RM will change nothing, as the "heir" is already born.

The only thing you can do is cross you finger for that your Monarch procreate and gets an Heir with a strong claim before he dies, or that Castille's Prestige gets so low that a Palatinate noble gets on the throne in its place.

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2009, 08:38:08 AM
I had a strong heir for a long time. He died and got replaced by this chump.

You got unlucky. Tough luck.

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2009, 08:19:38 AM
No.

I see three personal unions coming up, does that mean
there's going to be a succession war? Or am I reading it
wrong and I'm the one who's benefiting?

Nah, you have two Personal Unions in your benefit coming without succession wars, unless of course they get an Heir and it survives long enough to get on the throne. However, if his claim is weak you can still claim the throne. 

If a succession war was coming it would read "Succession war between xxx and The Palatinate".

I see also that a Pretender will rise at your Monarch's death. If you are lucky enough it might seize your lands before the Spaniards arrive, take the throne, and break off the PU.