And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Vricklund on December 17, 2009, 03:45:00 AM
Quote from: Vricklund on December 16, 2009, 05:06:49 AM
I've checked the required specs and I have a nagging feeling that my 2x1.5GHz processor will not run this game. Anyone playing eu3 on a similar lowspec laptop or should I just buy myself a spanking new, red, plastic sledge and join the other kids on the slopes?

Should I take it from the lack of answers that you're all running this game on the very latest NASA style computers?

It's either that or take it personally. :)

Laptops suck, and so do the people who use them.  So the answer is both:  we have better computers than you, so we can't help you;  and yeah, you should take it personally.   :)

Barrister

Quote from: Vricklund on December 17, 2009, 03:45:00 AM
Quote from: Vricklund on December 16, 2009, 05:06:49 AM
I've checked the required specs and I have a nagging feeling that my 2x1.5GHz processor will not run this game. Anyone playing eu3 on a similar lowspec laptop or should I just buy myself a spanking new, red, plastic sledge and join the other kids on the slopes?

Should I take it from the lack of answers that you're all running this game on the very latest NASA style computers?

It's either that or take it personally. :)

Well I'm running the next-best thing - a Mac Pro.

Quad Core Xeon baby.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

I got HTTT, and started a new game as England.  Only played about 20 years so far, but it seems to be great fun.   :thumbsup:

Barrister

Since my last Byzantium game was lost due to a patch, I tried again as Byzantium.

At least initially, I was somewhat stymied by the fact the greek OPMs start with independence guarantees (whereas they didn't under EU3:Complete).  But an initial war against Byzantium still shows promise if I can control the straights...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Okay the single most important long term strategy tip: do not let yourself become the neighbor of a powerhouse for whom you are the most profitable target.

I made that fatal mistake as Muscowy (Ottomans), and now in the process of doing that again as Sweden (Muscowy) My faithful ally, Lithuania collapsed, so now I need to suck up to the new Muscowy-neighbors Polotosk and Ukraine to ally with me, and I need to take the war on Russia asap or I will be kicked severly. Just one war, and altough I managed to lose only two Finnish provinces, the war costed me my vassal Norway who broke free by declaring war on me while I was busy in Finland. Muscowy is huge, just need to annex Novgorod to form Russia.
Oh and by the way, ever since I started betaing this expansion, this is the very first time France is showing signs of blobification. It was also the first time for me that the Ottomans collapsed, leaving a beautiful clusterfuck on the Balkans, where 6-7 states constantly struggled, but now  (early 1500s) it seems Naples and Austria are slowly dividing it up between each other.

Caliga

I noticed that Lithuania collapsed in my current playthrough also.  I don't think I've ever seen that occur before.  A rump Lithuania still exists with two provinces, and the rest of it is Ukraine and Polotsk, save for all of its eastern and southeastern provinces which the Golden Horde managed to conquer.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2009, 07:47:44 AM
I noticed that Lithuania collapsed in my current playthrough also.  I don't think I've ever seen that occur before.  A rump Lithuania still exists with two provinces, and the rest of it is Ukraine and Polotsk, save for all of its eastern and southeastern provinces which the Golden Horde managed to conquer.

They usually collapse in my games.

KRonn

I haven't gotten this game yet. I still play some Victoria:Revolutions and HOI2, but haven't tried this yet. Seems to be a good, fun game.

Alcibiades

Yeah, I'm kinda impressed.  The ai actually does stuff now... :o
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Drakken

And Public Beta Patch 4.1 is up in Tech Support. :)

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Caliga

War AI still seems pretty stupid to me, and the peace offers are still as goofy as ever.

Example:  Last night Ramazan insulted me so I declared war on them, which brought me to war with the Mamluks who were guaranteeing the Ramazan beylik.  I conquered Ramazan in like a week (literally) and vassalized it, but the war with the Mamluks and their little bitches Yemen and Hedjaz continued for like five years thereafter.  By the end of the first year I'd conquered all of Syria and Palestine up to Gaza, and all I really wanted was a white peace (a concession of defeat would be nice, too).  But they would never agree to anything and keep needling my occupation forces with inadequate armies that were invariably destroyed.  Finally, after refusing one of my very generous peace offers for the umpteenth time, they offered a peace in which they gave me Aleppo, Dayr az Zor, and Judaea.  I didn't really want all that Infamy, but I did want peace, so I took the offer.

I think I might "sell" Judaea to the Pope for 0 ducats, too, just to be a douche.

Solmyr

I started a game as Austria with HttT. Rulers seem to die like flies now, I'm spending half the time under regency. Also, France got crushed utterly (by a combination of England, Aragon, Burgundy, and Brittany) in the first couple of decades. :)

Drakken

Seems 4.1 patch is bugged right now, as plenty of CTDs have been reported.

I'll wait until Johan or Doomdark fixes this.

Caliga

I was reading the 4.1 thread in the Tech Support forum and halfway through reading it they either deleted it or hid it.  :lol: