The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Even if they had filed a protest about the field conditions, it's not as if they'd have moved the game to RFK, right?

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 07, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
Even if they had filed a protest about the field conditions, it's not as if they'd have moved the game to RFK, right?

Heh by the end of the season that field was always a quagmire.  Playoff games would be romps in the mud.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Total knee reconstruction (including acl) for rg3.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on January 09, 2013, 09:09:11 AM
Total knee reconstruction (including acl) for rg3.

Wait can they do that again?  Color me skeptical but there have been lots of rumors about this.

Since they alread did that once when he was in college I question if this might not end his career.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ok getting the full story it sounds like all the rumors were true.  There are only partial tears not full tears but they are doing the full reconstructive surgery anyway since that is the best way to get full function back to the knee.  They would not do a surgery like that for anybody but a pro athelete in these circumstances.  Eh anything that is not career ending is probably good news at this point.

Valmy

Wow they already did the surgery and it was a success it seems.  That was fast.

I hope he sits next season and gets that thing repaired but watch Shanahan rush him back  <_<

Admiral Yi

Who takes an entire season to rehab a new ACL these days?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2013, 12:45:02 PM

Not Adrian Peterson that is for sure.  But this is RG3's second go round and he took a full season for his first ACL surgery.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2013, 12:21:30 PM
Wow they already did the surgery and it was a success it seems.  That was fast.

I hope he sits next season and gets that thing repaired but watch Shanahan rush him back  <_<
It's good to be rich :P

As for Shanny, maybe he could sign a prospect with a bad shoulder while RG3 recovers? Messing up a QB's knee is bad, but a shoulder? That's the one to go for!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Cousins will start while RG3 recovers.  The only question is if sexy Rexy will be the backup or if they will bring in somebody new.

Shanny may manage to mess up Cousins before he gets back though  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2013, 12:49:22 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2013, 12:45:02 PM

Not Adrian Peterson that is for sure.  But this is RG3's second go round and he took a full season for his first ACL surgery.

And, as they said, it's full reconstruction.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2013, 12:59:31 PM
And, as they said, it's full reconstruction.

Yep.  He should not be playing until 2014.  I mean I am no doctor or anything but this dude is the franchise and that means thinking longterm here.

Also hey we may all remember this as the incident that led to Kirk Cousins seized the starting job.

Neil

20 months to rehab a knee reconstruction?  What is this, the 70s?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

It's being rebuilt from scratch.

Hell, Dr. Andrews will probably fix all the shit they did wrong in the previous surgeries at Baylor while he's in there.