The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 11, 2013, 10:35:46 AM
Whenever Wilson dies, Rogers is going to buy the Bills.
A bunch of hopeless losers living in the past?  Sounds perfect for Toronto, they'll go well with the Leafs.

The CFL doesn't really stop the NFL from moving to Toronto.  The fact that Toronto doesn't really care about sports that aren't hockey is more of a problem.  The Argos have gotten along for years, but they haven't really bred the fanaticism that you can find further west.  The Raptors are saved by the fact that most of their season tickets are sold to people who don't give a fuck about basketball (normal people) and are just doing it for the Leafs tickets.  The Blue Jays have a huge market of old people and Caribbeans in the city, who are the only people who can stomach a baseball game, so that's good.  That, and the Jays are also notorious as the team that ended baseball as a meaningful sport when Joe Carter hit that home run in '93.  I understand that there's a soccer team, but in this globalized world why would anyone want to watch a North American soccer game?

If the Bills move to Toronto, they have to win a Superbowl quickly, or else they'll fade into the sports miasma that surrounds that stinky town.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Neil

Edmonton is wacko for Flacco.  I'm not sure if I should wear my old-style #5 or my new #27 for tomorrow.  Maybe if I wear his jersey, Ray Rice will hear about it and be encouraged not to fumble?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2013, 01:00:46 PM
Edmonton is wacko for Flacco.  I'm not sure if I should wear my old-style #5 or my new #27 for tomorrow.  Maybe if I wear his jersey, Ray Rice will hear about it and be encouraged not to fumble?

You could be extra cool and wear Flacco's college jersey :cool:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

And the Ravens are done with 12:14 left in the 1st quarter.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

citizen k

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on January 12, 2013, 04:41:12 PM

:lol: I at least wanted the game to last to halftime while I make my cheeseburgers.

I think I only saw three Ravens on the television screen on that coverage team, and one was the punter.  :wacko:

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Haha nice PI, shithead. 

Like that TD pass right there.

Kleves

Quote from: Kleves on January 12, 2013, 04:41:12 PM
I might have been a bit hasty...  :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

citizen k

CountDeMoney

Maybe.  Peyton just walked onto the field for the first time.

MadBurgerMaker

He can come back out in a couple minutes and try again.

CountDeMoney