The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Shanahan's non-answer in the sorta press conference makes me think they did not like the result of the MRI.  Damn starting to think the worse here for RG3.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Hmmmm now reports saying RG3's MRI showed partial tears to the ligaments.  I guess that might explain why they want a close examination before they understand the full severity of the injury.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 01:16:46 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Marvin's stay has simply run its course, and a fresh approach would help with all that talent.

Well first of all you know Mike Brown ain't about to be paying a guy for not working, so he's here through 2014 unless we have a complete meltdown in the next two seasons.  As a fan if I had my druthers he'd stay for another year as head coach and then become the Bengals first official GM, where I think the team would continue to benefit from a lot of his strengths.  Up until the halfway point of this season my wish for the next HC was Jay Gruden, but his stock went down a bit.  If Zimmer left for an HC position somewhere else, I'd love to get Mark Duffner back here as DC and then finally give him his shot at HC.

All in all I'm generally content with him staying through his contract, even if it means enduring more of that first playoff round glass ceiling and questionable game management.

QuoteI mean, even successful Super Bowl winning coaches get tuned out after a while;  and I think Marvin's settled into that good-coordinator-poor-coach nook.

He's at least an average coach.  I know that's damning with faint praise, as it would be if I said he was the best we had since Wyche.

Quote10 years, a .500 record.  4 playoff seasons, all first game losses.  Not a single post-season victory.

It hasn't been the glory days of the 80s.  But at least it's not the 90s.

QuoteMore successful coaches have been fired quicker.

Yep.  Lowered expectations FTW :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

QuotePete Carroll differs with NFL on FedEx Field conditions

Sunday's wild-card game between the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks took place on a noticeably beat-up surface at FedEx Field.

Many of the game's onlookers blamed the field for knee injuries suffered by Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons. Clemons wore 3/4-inch cleats on the messy turf, leaving his agent, Donal Henderson, to rip the "crappy" conditions.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll clearly was agitated with what his players encountered.

"It was horrible, it's a horrible field," Carroll told KIRO-AM in Seattle on Monday. "It was as bad as a field could get for being dry. And it's too bad. It's really too bad, and we deserve better. ... It was worn out. There was a lot of slipping and all that kind of stuff.

"And it was relative. It didn't change the game at all, in my opinion, because it was relative, both sides, but we should just expect to see a better field at that time of year."

Carroll went on to describe the ground as "real sheer, and there was just a kind of dirt on top of the grass, so it was just not good footing."

"It wasn't a perfect field," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan told reporters Monday. "We all know that."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport heard from league spokesman Greg Aiello, who said Monday that neither team filed an official complaint over the playing conditions.

"It is the responsibility of the home team to maintain the field," Aiello said. "It's a grass field. It's winter. There were no complaints about it by either team. ... Injuries occur, unfortunately, on every field."

The Seahawks, as Aiello points out, have yet to file an official complaint, but one might not be far off.

Quote(While we're at it, take a look at this photo by NFL.com's Jeff Darlington, comparing Sunday's postgame surface at Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium with the ground at FedEx.)

Side-by-side photo of fields, 30 miles apart, both outdoors, after games on same day. Ravens (left), Redskins (right).

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2013, 05:37:34 PM
Hmmmm now reports saying RG3's MRI showed partial tears to the ligaments.  I guess that might explain why they want a close examination before they understand the full severity of the injury.

I'll pray that those tears transfer over to Brady.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2013, 06:20:48 PM
I'll pray that those tears transfer over to Brady.

Reading the reports, he certainly has enough ligament tears to share.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

So, Jerry Jones has promised change in Cowboy-land, and he delivered big change:  The RB coach got fired.  :lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Neil

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 06:31:24 PM
So, Jerry Jones has promised change in Cowboy-land, and he delivered big change:  The RB coach got fired.  :lol:

lol, gotta love JJ.  Best running back gets injured for the majority of the season?  Fire the RB coach.  ADVICE? WRITE TWO LETTERS

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2013, 07:11:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 05:51:39 PM
Mark Duffner.  :bleeding:

Do not underestimate The Duff.

Whatever, man.  Drove the Terps program deeper into the ground with his Chuck n' Duck bullshit.  Scott Milanovich.  :rolleyes:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2013, 07:11:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 05:51:39 PM
Mark Duffner.  :bleeding:

Do not underestimate The Duff.

Whatever, man.  Drove the Terps program deeper into the ground with his Chuck n' Duck bullshit.  Scott Milanovich.  :rolleyes:

He inherited a bad situation and was in the process of turning the program around when your bitch AD decided to fire him.

One day The Duff will return to Cincinnati and bring us victory.  You'll see.  YOU'LL ALL SEE.