M&T Bank Stadium, 1 p.m. ET, CBS

QuoteNFC Wild Card Weekend

No. 6 Minnesota Vikings
at No. 3 Green Bay Packers (-8)

Lambeau Field, 8 p.m. ET, NBC

No. 5 Seattle Seahawks (-3)
at No. 4 Washington Redskins

FedExField, 4:30 p.m. ET, FOX

I think the Texans can well withstand a Bengals team that has a losing road record and doesn't know how to win in the post-season.  I think +4.5 is a little too generous for that kind of 'dog.
I would've liked to have seen the Ravens' starters play longer last week, and get back into the groove they were in against the Giants, but that could've been an outlier.  The Colts are playing with passion, but who knows when their tank will run dry.  I think -6.5 is a bit much for the Ravens, even in a home playoff game.

Vikes-Packers?  Who the hell knows which team will show up, but I give the edge to the Packers;  Lambeau Field in January.
Seattle should handle the Redskins if Washington can't get that running game going, but it could be the tightest game of the week.

jimmy olsen

Texas are on the downswing at the wrong time. They choke and the Bengals win.

Baltimore beats up on Indy, Luck's time has not yet come.

Peterson can't keep up the pace he has been of late, a single man can only carry a team so far. Pack wins.

Seattle's peaking at the right time, they manage to pull out a win a beat Washington.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I don't know about Houston.  It's like they can't get it going again.  They were supposed to have top seed locked up a while back, but they just kept missing those opportunities.  They're a really good team on paper, but they just can't seem to get it going right now.  And the defence is having trouble too.  It used to be that if JJ Watt got doubled, guys like Conner Barwin and Antonio Smith were just feasting.  Then again, the Texans can always turn it on again, but I get the feeling they would rather have played the Colts than the Bengals.

I have faith that Baltimore will beat the Colts.  All those injured players coming back, it'll be a stronger team.  The only thing I'm worried about is Freeney on Oher.  Freeney is fast, and Oher struggles with speed rushes.

Vikes Packers goes to the home team.  The reason why Minnesota must fail is that they are a dome team, and dome teams fail.

Seattle has Washington.  RG3 hasn't matched up against a defence that athletic, and nobody has a secondary like that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
They were supposed to have top seed locked up a while back, but they just kept missing those opportunities.

Sounds familiar.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2013, 09:05:14 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 02, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
They were supposed to have top seed locked up a while back, but they just kept missing those opportunities.

Sounds familiar.
Yeah, but they can't blame the injury bug.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

I knew no good would ever come from moving Seattle to the NFC  :glare:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I am cautiously optimistic about the Vikings. For all the talk about "dome teams" it is not as if the Packers practice on Lambeau field.  It'll be cold for both teams, and the Vikings are on a 4 game winning streak...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Hmmmm hearing reports Ray Ray is hanging it up after the Ravens' playoff run is over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I'd like to see ray ray strangle Bradshaw on the FOX pre game show.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Admiral Yi

I'll be rooting for teams that run pro offenses and against those that run zone reads or any other type of college offense.

Tonitrus

Watching the Bengels offense feels like I am watching high school football.

Neil

I'm about half an hour behind you guys on my PVR, and I have to say that so far both defences have been lights out, but the Texans offence has stepped up to the challenge, whereas the Bengals are doing nothing but missing opportunities.  For a Ravens fan, this is a familiar story and we know how it ends:  Houston will be taking a trip to New England at this rate.

MadBurgerMaker

:hmm: Owen Daniels is hurt.

E:  Nice run for the TD.  It's really too bad about the right side of the line.  They're....okay.  Most of the time.  It'd be better if just the whole line was going to the Pro Bowl because they were all kicking everyone's ass. I'd be okay with that.  :P

Ponder is out for the Vikes.