The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2013, 08:15:23 AM
God, I so want to punch Tim in the nuts right now.

No shit.

And nothing like having your team lose in the first game to completely sour the playoffs (or any tournament for that matter).  Could barely watch any of the other 3 games. 

I'll probably be over it by next Saturday, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2013, 08:57:10 AM
And ffs, Shanahan junior is a bad O-Coordinator, get rid of them!

No he isn't.  I mean he is not Bill Walsh or anything but he is not anywhere near bad.  And firing coaches left and right is what got the Skins into their current problems.  Shanahan is the only guy who can keep crazy Dan under control he needs to stay I don't care how many times he gets RG3 a career ending injury :P

In all seriousness I am all but but on a MRI vigil today heh.  If RG3 cannot be back for next year I am fearful for what direction this thing may take.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2013, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2013, 08:15:23 AM
God, I so want to punch Tim in the nuts right now.
No shit.

And nothing like having your team lose in the first game to completely sour the playoffs (or any tournament for that matter).  Could barely watch any of the other 3 games. 

I'll probably be over it by next Saturday, though.
Yeah, I was thinking that would be tough for you.  It's always worse losing a game you know that the team would normally have won.  Not that the Bengals would normally beat the Texans, but rather that the Texans came out a bit flat (as they have most of their games lately) and the Bengals just played down to it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 07, 2013, 08:38:50 AM
Falcons, Hawks, whatever, they're all birds of prey and the Seahawks are gonna beat their brains out.
Timmy, kindly jump off the Seahawks bandwagon, will you? They already have to beat the Falcons in an early-start east coast game; they shouldn't have to beat The Taint too.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Grey Fox

Unlike the Valmy taint, there is no proof of a Timmy taint in sports.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 11:49:41 AM
Yeah, I was thinking that would be tough for you.  It's always worse losing a game you know that the team would normally have won.  Not that the Bengals would normally beat the Texans, but rather that the Texans came out a bit flat (as they have most of their games lately) and the Bengals just played down to it.

I was hoping for the Texans to continue their late-season trajectory-- which they sort of did except that they neutralized the Bengals' front four for the most part and were able to put a shit-ton of pressure on Dalton. 

The Bengals lost the ability to pass-block around the mid-season mark and Dalton just isn't one of those elite QBs that can scramble around and pull a rabbit out of a hat in those situations. 

No sense in dwelling on it-- Go Ravens :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2013, 12:05:58 PM

My taint only seems to have been effective on that one particular Euro :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2013, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2013, 12:05:58 PM
My taint only seems to have been effective on that one particular Euro :(
Tell that to RG3's right knee.  :mad:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Gave some thought last night to Shanahan's decision to keep a gimpy RG3 in as long as he did.

If I were in his position, I would have said to myself, RG3 has gotten us to this point, he's earned the right to try and win with one leg.  Plus it's not like you get much of an upgrade with Cousins.

The only decision I have a real issue with is that zone read option play they called early in the 2nd half (the one where RG3 waddled out of bounds grimacing the whole time).

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 12:41:34 PM
Tell that to RG3's right knee.  :mad:

Hey I never bestowed my blessing on his knee :P

If I had just pronounced him a cripple for life after the Ravens game he probably would have recovered fully weeks ago  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2013, 12:09:43 PM
The Bengals lost the ability to pass-block around the mid-season mark and Dalton just isn't one of those elite QBs that can scramble around and pull a rabbit out of a hat in those situations. 

No sense in dwelling on it-- Go Ravens :)

Sometimes I wonder if Marvin's stay has simply run its course, and a fresh approach would help with all that talent.
I mean, even successful Super Bowl winning coaches get tuned out after a while;  and I think Marvin's settled into that good-coordinator-poor-coach nook.

10 years, a .500 record.  4 playoff seasons, all first game losses.  Not a single post-season victory.

More successful coaches have been fired quicker.

Valmy

Yeah but it is the Bengals.  This feels like a great run to them.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Gave some thought last night to Shanahan's decision to keep a gimpy RG3 in as long as he did.

If I were in his position, I would have said to myself, RG3 has gotten us to this point, he's earned the right to try and win with one leg.  Plus it's not like you get much of an upgrade with Cousins.

The only decision I have a real issue with is that zone read option play they called early in the 2nd half (the one where RG3 waddled out of bounds grimacing the whole time).
It's tough for a coach.  Normally when you ask your guy 'Are you ready to go', you can normally trust him to answer you.  But when you're dealing with young talent, the coach has to be the voice of reason there.  And it's not like Shanahan doesn't have a rep for just burning through his players like matches.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 01:25:11 PM
And it's not like Shanahan doesn't have a rep for just burning through his players like matches.

Does he have that rep?  That's not good.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on January 07, 2013, 01:25:11 PM
It's tough for a coach.  Normally when you ask your guy 'Are you ready to go', you can normally trust him to answer you.  But when you're dealing with young talent, the coach has to be the voice of reason there.  And it's not like Shanahan doesn't have a rep for just burning through his players like matches.

Well I don't think RG3's readiness was any great mystery.  I'm sure it was clear to Shanahan before kickoff that he was basically immobile.  Or one tackle away from immobility.