News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Great Unified Comics Thread

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Kleves on May 05, 2012, 11:24:13 AM
Batman and Superman should not inhabit the same universe. Unless your goal is to ruin the Batman movie franchise. Is that your goal, Tim?
Why not?

They team up all the damn in the comics.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2012, 10:46:57 AM
After watching Avengers I started thinking how I would make a Justice League movie franchise.

I'd start with "The Man of Steel", it would be a movie heavily inspired by De'Haven's "It's Superman" and be set in the 1930s. Rather than an alderman Luther would be a billionaire who'd been elected Mayor, and his robots more numerous and a lot more badass. It would be shot in black and white when Kal El is Clark Kent and in color when he's Superman.

There'd be references by characters and meida throughout the film to the Batman in the city of Gotham across the bay. In the end it turns out that the Batman has been keeping an eye on Superman since he arrived in Metropolis, and provides some crucial help in the climax, figuring out how to shut off all the robots rampaging in Metropolis and Gotham and saving Superman from being killed by Luther in a dieselpunk mecha armed with Kryptonite.  The movie ends with Luther in jail and Lex Corp is being bought out by Wayne Enterprises.

The after credits scene would involve Darkseid leaving the charred husk of a planet he's laid waste to in his search for the anti-life equation. The next planet on his list is Earth.
Then Superman shows up and gets rid of all the nuclear weapons and inadvertently creates a super powered nuclear man.
PDH!

The Larch

I've been having beers tonight with a dude who draws for Marvel. [/showoff]

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2012, 08:29:57 PM
After watching Avengers I started thinking how I would make a Justice League movie franchise.

I'd start with "The Man of Steel", it would be a movie heavily inspired by De'Haven's "It's Superman" and be set in the 1930s. Rather than an alderman Luther would be a billionaire who'd been elected Mayor, and his robots more numerous and a lot more badass. It would be shot in black and white when Kal El is Clark Kent and in color when he's Superman.

There'd be references by characters and meida throughout the film to the Batman in the city of Gotham across the bay. In the end it turns out that the Batman has been keeping an eye on Superman since he arrived in Metropolis, and provides some crucial help in the climax, figuring out how to shut off all the robots rampaging in Metropolis and Gotham and saving Superman from being killed by Luther in a dieselpunk mecha armed with Kryptonite.  The movie ends with Luther in jail and Lex Corp is being bought out by Wayne Enterprises.

The after credits scene would involve Darkseid leaving the charred husk of a planet he's laid waste to in his search for the anti-life equation. The next planet on his list is Earth.
Then Superman shows up and gets rid of all the nuclear weapons and inadvertently creates a super powered nuclear man.
:rolleyes: How about you criticize what I wrote instead of going on about random 3rd movie inspired gibberish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

His commentary was that horrible idea for movie was better than the insipid bullshit you wrote. :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2012, 08:59:43 PM
His commentary was that horrible idea for movie was better than the insipid bullshit you wrote. :)
Just saying it's insipid bullshit doesn't mean anything. If you're going to criticize do it in detail. What specifically do you not like and why.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2012, 08:54:57 PM
Sure he's not just an inker?

Penciller in a currently ongoing series, Afaik.

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2012, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2012, 08:54:57 PM
Sure he's not just an inker?

Penciller in a currently ongoing series, Afaik.

I was making a Chasing Amy crack. :P

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2012, 09:06:41 PM
Just saying it's insipid bullshit doesn't mean anything. If you're going to criticize do it in detail. What specifically do you not like and why.

The Plot. It's bad in so many ways.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2012, 08:57:59 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2012, 08:29:57 PM

:rolleyes: How about you criticize what I wrote instead of going on about random 3rd movie inspired gibberish.

It was the fourth movie. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2012, 09:11:05 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2012, 09:06:41 PM

The Plot. It's bad in so many ways.
Aside from the Batman stuff, it's pretty similar to DeHaven's acclaimed book.

Superman's origin story set in the 30s. Luthor is a corrupt politician with robot minions. Superman fights them. Batman helps save the day through his technological genius. Pretty simple and a typical comic book plot.

1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Well see, i thought the book sucked.
I've said it many times before, Superman is a horrible character to try and make into film and tv.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2012, 10:28:13 PM
Well see, i thought the book sucked.
I've said it many times before, Superman is a horrible character to try and make into film and tv.

:ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Even Barrister Boy and his +1 broom of curling would be better than 99% of Superman stories