News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 13

Started by Pedrito, November 02, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

I'm still resisting the urge.

Anyone here already got it? Impressions?

I bet Viking is in the middle of 2018-19 season already.  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

Bought it, started out unemployed and got first job with second division Portuguese Club, just in first season pre-season training and trying to find gems to sign :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Haven't got it yet. I might actually skip this one, the improvements are for the most part polish in areas that I Don't think are lacking in 12. Also my graphics cards are sufficiently crappy that the improvements in the 3d engine won't benefit me much.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

I'm leaning toward waiting until its $7 on a Steam sale on some such.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 02, 2012, 09:17:56 PM
I'm leaning toward waiting until its $7 on a Steam sale on some such.

Me too.  Or until I get the shakes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

I normally skip a year. I bought FM12 so I think I'll wait...unless I'll find it cheap enough early next year.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I might get it during the steam winter sale. The mode where you don't have to do all the bullshit appeals to me.

ANDY CARROL WILL BE A STARTER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 03, 2012, 06:09:50 PM
I might get it during the steam winter sale. The mode where you don't have to do all the bullshit appeals to me.

ANDY CARROL WILL BE A STARTER.

Play him as Target man with rigid instructions with wingers with good crossing skills who cross from the line aiming for the head. Play him with a poacher with good positioning, off the ball composure and finishing to pick up Andy's leavings.

If you are really motivated you might want to retrain him as a right winger, set him as inside forward and target man, then have (in the best liverpool tradition a good norwegian left back like Riise or Bjørnebye) who the goalkeeper distributes to and is instructed to cross from deep to head. The move from goalkeeper to left back to right winger (carroll) who heads it into the box was the basis of the Norwegian national team for most of the 90s. It's a good way to ignore the midfield and is especially useful if the oppo midfield is composed of skilled and short players.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

That sounds like work.

FunkMonk

I can't imagine Ed playing football manager game.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 03, 2012, 06:31:28 PM
I can't imagine Ed playing football manager game.  :lol:

I'll play Liverpool!

Day 1: Carroll becomes whiny. Gerrard steals your hubcaps
Day 2:  Suarez dives. Repeatedly.
Day 3: Manchester United crush your nuts.
Day 4: create player: the Limper

FunkMonk

:lol:

You can rename players too. I can see Otto Skorzeny waiting to be subbed in in the 75' minute.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 03, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
:lol:

You can rename players too. I can see Otto Skorzeny waiting to be subbed in in the 75' minute.

I'm thinking confederates.

FunkMonk

Braxton Bragg saves a penalty !  :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 03, 2012, 06:50:58 PM
Braxton Bragg saves a penalty !  :)

Bedford Forrest red carded for racism!