News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 13

Started by Pedrito, November 02, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

This FM Classic mode is super fast and really easy to start. I love it.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

I'm yet to try Classic, but I might soon as England haven't lost a national game since august 2012 in my latest game, which is in 2018 by now. It's more unbelievable than the time Belgium won the WC in FM12.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

So what does classic do? Is it like non 3-D?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

It's SI's attempt to rake in the DLC money.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I have a $5 coupon from Amazon.com that I got for buying LEGO Lord of the Rings at 75% off, meaning I could buy this for $15 (or €11.50).

Worth it?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2013, 04:23:46 AM
I have a $5 coupon from Amazon.com that I got for buying LEGO Lord of the Rings at 75% off, meaning I could buy this for $15 (or €11.50).

Worth it?

I have been addicted to it during the holidays.

Viking

Just found a fantastic "cheat". I'm still in FM2012, so I'm not sure, but this should work in FM2013 as well.

Basically the "cheat" is to add a quality league which is not active to the game. When that league starts up the engine adds "real" players randomly generated to compensate for the lack of players. Aggressively scout the first teams of all the teams in the league. Alot of the randomly generated players will be of very high quality. If you started up the spanish league from total dormancy the engine will add players of league quality to all the teams, this includes Real Madrid and Barca and these players will be of real and barca quality. The same applies for Man U, AC Milan, Bayern, Ajax and OL. The league will often contain serious quality players in the lesser teams as well. These players are automatically generated and have 0 games played historically. This means they often have contracts with low automatic release clauses and even if they don't have release clauses you can get the players with 0 games pretty damn cheaply, by cheap I mean top league top quality first team players or €3M Euro.

This is not LLM, but damn... I bought up a full new first 11 for €50M ready to challenge ManU for the title as Fulham. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

cough.

Anyone still playing? I finished 20 seasons as Napoli in FM12, so I finally started FM13 and am playing Liverpool.

Not sure if I made a mistake, but I am playing Classic Mode. Thought I could dispense without the micromanaging, but find this might be a bit too simple. Also hate the tactics screen, pain in the sometimes to show the stats I want to see. I'm glad I don't have to do pre and post game interviews, but miss the team talks. Surprised to see you can't set team shouts before the game starts.

Also noticed I don't have to select my Euro squad. Everyone seems eligible. Seems odd.

Playing as Liverpool, I have a transfer budget of $0. That kinda sucks. I guess it's to compensate for having Couthinho and Sturridge already. Not sure.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

I just took out my older game, finished 2nd in my second League 1 season with Plymouth (I wanted to start with a League 2 side which had a chance at promotion), has two Championship games under my belt and it is: promising.

For a lot of my previous FM games, I went with snatching up experienced 30-somethings for free. Now I have been using young talents as much as possible, with the 30-somethings being the backups (as it is hard to keep talented youngsters on the bench ad infinitum). It works quite well, except that since I am playing 4-1-3-1-1, I need well-rounded strikers as target men, so I play 30-somethings there.

Very addictive game.

Josephus

Got fired in November of my first season as Liverpool. Restarted, this time with the "full" version. Find it a bit too micro, but the "classic" version a bit too sparse. Anyways, Liverpool again. Let's see how far I'll make it this time.
Civis Romanus Sum

Pedrito

I finally started a game, full version, with, as usual, Juventus FC.

I'm aggressively scouting all the players in the 16-19 age range, and found a lot of them either 4,5 or 5 stars, but *every single one* seems to have either completely absurd release clauses, or the team wants 20 times his value for selling him. I mean, some players are valued around € 300K-450K, but the team wants 12-20M euros to complete the transfer?!

The first transfer window ended without a single transfer to my team  <_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

FM13 for €8.74 on Steam Summer Sale, for those who haven't updated yet. :P

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on July 12, 2013, 04:19:10 AM
<_<  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

Quote from: Liep on July 12, 2013, 04:19:10 AM

I finally folded and bought it... seriously, when FM costs less than a beer... WTF?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Does it have the Vancouver Whitecaps?