News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 13

Started by Pedrito, November 02, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

No history or false history for clubs. It would make news posts quite weird when, fx, it said that Liverpool hadn't won the league title for over 20 years.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Really? That for before the game starts (ie real history) or as the game progresses. The latter would bother me more.

Not that it matters.

Two weeks to the day after starting my first game with FM 14 i got fired (midway through first season as napoli).

I'm going to try MLS again. havent' done an MLS season since FM10 or so. It's tough with its oddball rules. But I'll give it a shot.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Bah. Wasted a couple weeks playing MLS. it's too broken and rules suck.

Was playing Toronto. In July I extended a couple players' contracts. mistake. That put me over salary cap. To continue I had to re-register the squad but because salary cap was over, and contracts were guaranteed now, the game wouldn't let me proceed. Stupid. The game is normally good about telling you can't do something. But there's nothing  I could do. Ending Cesar's loan for instance didn't change the salary cap. No game save from before I extened contracts. Game over.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

FM14 is on "summer samba sale" on Steam. It's just € 12.50.

Pedrito

Is there a way to call a player back from a loan, during the season?

The interface gives tons of info, but sometimes it hides relevant commands.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Yes...but you have to set that out as a condition when you loan him out.
Civis Romanus Sum

Pedrito

I cannot remember, in twenty years of honoured service on my computers, that a version of CM/FM crashed during play. It just happened to me  :huh:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Liep

I've had it happen a handful of times, which is why I suffer the autosave.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

It's been more frequent with 12, 13 and 14.

I have a feeling it's mostly hardware related.

Josephus

Never crashed in game, but with 13 on my PC (I'm not on Mac) it used to crash all the time upon exit.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

GODDAMNIT!!!!

MLS league is broken.

Last month in my second season. A player returns from loan.Game won't let me proceed unless I register him. But it's after the final registration deadline. So game won't let me register or change my roster. But game won't let me proceed.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME REGISTRATION FUCKED ME

Don't play MLS League.

Fuck.
Civis Romanus Sum

PDH

So I bought this during the WC sale.  I expect to start a game soon as Schalke (aka the Fighting Former Nazis/Gazprom Toadies) and revel in high-end mediocrity.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Warspite

Oh Jesus Christ I've done No 4 as well.  :lol:

:D

:)

:blush:

:Embarrass:

I have a problem. :weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Pedrito

Quote from: Josephus on July 18, 2014, 05:58:24 AM
Scary thing is  I do number 4

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/10-signs-youre-addicted-football-3877723
Sometimes I do it, too

Oh, and in related news, Paul Pogba's FM Chelsea team signed himself  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h