News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 13

Started by Pedrito, November 02, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Bought it with 25% from the Christmas sale, but no FM14, I don't think it's impressive that my lower league team from a small Danish town has a squad consisting mostly of Danes. :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I'm really sucking at this. [fm13]

Liverpool. Fourth season in. It seems no matter my formation, my tactics, etc I always end up taking about 25 shots on net, maybe 3-4 hit the target. Suarez can't hit the net for the life of him. Plus I have Gabbiadini from Atalanta who's a young up and comer, I have Sturridge, Couthnhio, Borini. Schurle. None of them seem to know where the net is. Of course the other team gets one counter attacking opportunity and score. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on December 27, 2013, 12:03:15 PM
I'm really sucking at this. [fm13]

Liverpool. Fourth season in. It seems no matter my formation, my tactics, etc I always end up taking about 25 shots on net, maybe 3-4 hit the target. Suarez can't hit the net for the life of him. Plus I have Gabbiadini from Atalanta who's a young up and comer, I have Sturridge, Couthnhio, Borini. Schurle. None of them seem to know where the net is. Of course the other team gets one counter attacking opportunity and score. :mad:

FM in a nutshell  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

One of my pet peeves with FM is the standard news stories. If you tackle an attacker from behind and you're the last defender, then it's not a controversial red card.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

So, FM 14

Is there no team talks and opposition instructions, or am I missing something?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2014, 05:43:07 PM
So, FM 14

Is there no team talks and opposition instructions, or am I missing something?

Are you playing classic mode? Cause I see them in my game.

Speaking of FM 14, started new game after having to reformat HD,  started Unemployed and after being hired by C.F. União in Portuguese 2nd divison and led them to promotion  in our first season, setting record for most pts.

The downside is club is cash strapped and will probably have half squad turnover before we start next season so will be challenge to stay up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

hmmm.

Yes, Classic mode.

I don't get to deliver team talks. Go from starting squads directly into the game. Don't get a chance to do oppositon instructions. Strange.

edit:

Damn...I thought classic mode was the "full" game.  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

Josquius

Fm14 seems a bit borked. A lot of little niggles, like missing club histories. England qualified for the World Cup and a message popped up saying it was the first time it ever happened. I got to the 5th round of the fa cup and get a sell out crowd as it's the first time my team has ever got that far (we've won the cup before...)
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Sounds like you have something missing or being used in your game there tyr.
And Josephus stop acting like josi.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

So I've played six games under classic mode.

Debating whether to start a new "full featured" game now.
Civis Romanus Sum

Pedrito

Ok, I'm hands and feet into the 14 version, as usual. i think I devoted more life hours to FM in its every incarnation than to every other game franchise, by far.

How do I tell one of my defenders to man mark an opponent?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

Individual instructions in tactics.

I've mostly played lower leagues, so setting man-marking is just asking for trouble. My Preston team is pushing for play-offs in the Championship now, though. Rejects and offcasts all around, and a 'keeper with 18 in eccentricity.

Pedrito

Quote from: Norgy on May 15, 2014, 01:32:25 PM
Individual instructions in tactics.
I suppose it is there, but con't find it. Will be looking more carefully this evening.

a 'keeper with 18 in eccentricity.
It screams trouble and heart-attack-inducing matches  :D

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

I'm bemused how corners always seem to involve my defender attacking the near post and scoring with a foot shot. With default tactics that is.

But meh. I dropped the game, have it back to the person I borrowed it from. The no history bug fucked it too much
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

No history bug?
Civis Romanus Sum