News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6: Mike Vick, Parole Violator

Started by CountDeMoney, October 11, 2012, 08:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on October 14, 2012, 06:27:45 PM
It's pretty easy to dislike the Seahawks when the local affiliates decide that the Portland market is a suburb of Seattle so we get to watch their shitty games every week, even when other better games are on.

Don't blame the affiliates, blame the NFL. 

After all, the NFL decided Baltimore was a Washington DC market for 12 years, so I feel your pain.

Although, one would think that Portland would at least get some SF/Oaktown love once in a while.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2012, 06:29:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 06:24:44 PM
Are we talking about the blues with the silver hats?  Those were good.

:bleeding:  Flying Elvis on the shoulder pads.

I believe a Boston sportswriter summed those unis up best when he wrote that it looked as if the cast of Star Trek:TNG beamed down and joined the USFL.

There's only one Boston uni, and Steve Grogan, Andre Tippett and Craig James wore it.
I thought we were talking about the Seahawks.  All Patriot unis suck because the Patriots are awful and evil and tainted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2012, 06:31:02 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 14, 2012, 06:27:45 PM
It's pretty easy to dislike the Seahawks when the local affiliates decide that the Portland market is a suburb of Seattle so we get to watch their shitty games every week, even when other better games are on.

Don't blame the affiliates, blame the NFL. 

After all, the NFL decided Baltimore was a Washington DC market for 12 years, so I feel your pain.

Although, one would think that Portland would at least get some SF/Oaktown love once in a while.

Nope it is 100% up to the local affiliates.  At least that is what I have heard; to be fair the Seahwks get ratings so they do have a reason to show them.  We do get a lot of Niners too, which was really fun those years they were combining for 3-4 wins a year.

So I heard Ray Lewis may have torn his triceps.  Any word n how long that would put him out for?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 06:32:35 PM
I thought we were talking about the Seahawks.  All Patriot unis suck because the Patriots are awful and evil and tainted.

My bad.  Yeah, Seattle's unis were cool back in the day.

Kleves

Everyone in the NFC lost save for the Seahawks, who beat the Patriots. Today was a: good day.  ^_^
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Heh, I just noticed Beanie Wells is out again. Kid has been snakebit since that Youngstown st game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on October 14, 2012, 06:35:13 PM
So I heard Ray Lewis may have torn his triceps.  Any word n how long that would put him out for?

Depends;  even a partial tear could be the season this late in the game, if it's bad enough.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Yeah, it depends.  I wonder if he hurt himself when he popped that kid.

Ray is pretty replaceable in a physical sense, but the mind on the field and the leadership in every sense is going to be bad if he misses any real time.  Still, when he went down last year, the team really picked up their game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 06:56:54 PM
Ray is pretty replaceable in a physical sense, but the mind on the field and the leadership in every sense is going to be bad if he misses any real time.  Still, when he went down last year, the team really picked up their game.

Yeah, McClain filled in well for him last year, and Donnell Ellerbe has really picked up his game this year, he's out of Harbaugh's dog house since he's matured and grown a work ethic.

But where it hurts them the most is Ray's ability to call the defensive audibles on the fly;  he's such a veteran and a game tape junkie, he simply sees things others don't before they happen.  That's where it's gonna hurt them the most.

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 14, 2012, 07:43:21 PM
Nice start.  :glare:
Yeah,  that was pretty dumb.

I'm torn in this one.  On the one hand, I've always liked the Texans, and am happy now that they've got their shit together.  Also, the Falcons are the suck, and for them to be last unbeaten would be bad.  On the other hand, it would help the Ravens if the Texans, being the only other team in the AFC with a winning record (assuming the soft Chargers lose tomorrow) were to lose.

Awesome sack dance by Watt, throwing the belt on the ground.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 07:50:57 PM
being the only other team in the AFC with a winning record

:blink:  Holy shit.  I hadn't noticed this until your post (yeah, assuming the SD loss to Denver, of course).

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 14, 2012, 07:56:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 07:50:57 PM
being the only other team in the AFC with a winning record

:blink:  Holy shit.  I hadn't noticed this until your post (yeah, assuming the SD loss to Denver, of course).
Yeah.  If Denver wins tomorrow, there will be 7 teams with 3-3 records, and the Steelers and Colts at 2-3.

Count

:bleeding: the pats game result was foretold when that bird shat on me the other day
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years