News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warren - Brown Senate Race

Started by Count, October 10, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:02:37 PM
Sure it is;  plenty of people across all sorts of lineages have rediscovered their roots.  Has happened to plenty of ethnic backgrounds over the generations, reclaiming their original names after their parents or grandparents emigrated to this country, when names like "Takeshito" or "Klepacki" were frowned up, and they were changed.  I see no problem with a woman who, after seeing the emotional pain her own mother went through, decided that she was going to be proud of her heritage.  Shame you're not proud of America's.

Except that no one can find proof of her heritage. That's pretty odd seeing as how you have kind of suggested - we have lots of people who are trained on teasing out genealogies.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:02:37 PM
No, just an example that 1/32 bloodlines are valid, and have been for quite some time.  Besides, we already know you're self-loathing on a number of levels.

So you were combating a strawman? I don't recall saying that I had an idea of a fractional limit to when you can claim something as your heritage.

Of course, as that article states, Warren's claim of heritage doesn't seem to meet the guidelines of the institution at which she was claiming it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
Of course, as that article states, Warren's claim of heritage doesn't seem to meet the guidelines of the institution at which she was claiming it.

She checked a fucking box in a social networking directory.  Big deal.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:07:58 PM
5 years before she was already teaching law at Harvard.  Big fucking deal.  You're chasing dog whistles.

:huh:

She's claiming a heritage that no one can find proof of and oddly enough was claiming said heritage at the time that she was looking for employment at an institution that was looking to diversify its faculty (and then went on to mention her as part of their diversity).  There's no real chasing that needs to be done there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:09:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:08:40 PM

She checked a fucking box in a social networking directory.  Big deal.

It wouldn't be except that she made it one by making a whole set of awkward claims when confronted.  I'd have no problem is she said - I thought based on stories from my mother that I was part Native American and then started identifying that way as I thought it'd help my career prospects.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:12:36 PM
It wouldn't be except that she made it one by making a whole set of awkward claims when confronted.  I'd have no problem is she said - I thought based on stories from my mother that I was part Native American and then started identifying that way as I thought it'd help my career prospects.

That's because you're a conniving little cynical shit.

Her resume, her marriage and her ovaries already locked her in to Harvard long before she checked any "East Asian/Pacific Islander/Other" application boxes.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:04:45 PM
Last I saw, mixed blood in this country is no fast track to riches.  It's so advantageous, why don't you get a transfusion and try it?  How about knocking up a sistah, and finding out in 18 years?

O RLY?

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:04:45 PM
Last I saw, mixed blood in this country is no fast track to riches.  It's so advantageous, why don't you get a transfusion and try it?  How about knocking up a sistah, and finding out in 18 years?

O RLY?

I don't think those Ivy League degrees were attached to the umbilical cord.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:16:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:12:36 PM

That's because you're a conniving little cynical shit.

Her resume, her marriage and her ovaries already locked her in to Harvard long before she checked any "East Asian/Pacific Islander/Other" application boxes.

Or maybe it's because I'd rather a politician own up to what they did rather than hide it? :huh:

Seems to me that it is an odd thing for you do want to defend coverups.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
Or maybe it's because I'd rather a politician own up to what they did rather than hide it? :huh:

There's nothing to cover up.

QuoteSeems to me that it is an odd thing for you do want to defend coverups.

Sorry, can't hear you from the back of the bus.  Going to have to speak up.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:20:09 PM

There's nothing to cover up.

Then why can't she give a coherent answer to the question about why she did what she did?

Oh and I agree this should be a non-issue except that it resonates as it is a lie about race. That upsets people all along the spectrum.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
Sorry, can't hear you from the back of the bus.  Going to have to speak up.

Oh on this - wtf? Why would I ever be on a bus?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:19:49 PM
I don't think those Ivy League degrees were attached to the umbilical cord.

We won't ever see his transcripts, so we'll never know for sure.  One thing I can say that for such a hailed scholar he never published anything significant other than two books about himself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 12:25:52 PM
We won't ever see his transcripts, so we'll never know for sure.  One thing I can say that for such a hailed scholar he never published anything significant other than two books about himself.

Funny how this statement can reference either Obama or Romney at the same time.  But one of them is a nigger.   Interesting how that works.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:30:49 PM

Funny how this statement can reference either Obama or Romney at the same time.  But one of them is a nigger.   Interesting how that works.

I don't know that many people who talk about Romney as a great scholar. :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 12:30:49 PM

Romney's known as a fat-cat businessman, not a scholar.