And we're back!

Main Menu

Warren - Brown Senate Race

Started by Count, October 10, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 02:26:36 PM
Because sexual orientation and identification are fundamental rights.  They're human rights.  The fact that you support politicians that don't want to make them legal rights, and therefore abrogate your own rights, doesn't mean I can't give you shit about it. 
Therefore, I will continue to do so.  For your own damned good.

You've just conflated two topics though. A person's identity can be more than their sexual orientation - and that's what I'm taking you to task over.

No I haven't.  Sexual orientation is a fundamental identifier and the core of one's individuality than being Unitarian or a Cubs fan. 
The fact that you want to identify yourself as a Cub's fan first and gay second won't change that.

Embrace your gayness, G.  I do.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
No I haven't.  Sexual orientation is a fundamental identifier and the core of one's individuality than being Unitarian or a Cubs fan. 
The fact that you want to identify yourself as a Cub's fan first and gay second won't change that.

But I don't see why that's the case.  You wouldn't say that core of a heterosexual man's individuality is that he's straight. I'd guess one would look to other minority characteristics.

What you're doing seems odd to me as it seems to validate the Martis of the world in making everything about their gayness.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 02:50:52 PM

But I don't see why that's the case.  You wouldn't say that core of a heterosexual man's individuality is that he's straight. I'd guess one would look to other minority characteristics.

It is, but it's not necessary to say it, is it?

QuoteWhat you're doing seems odd to me as it seems to validate the Martis of the world in making everything about their gayness.

I've considered that pitfall.  But Marty's an asswipe.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 08:05:35 PM
It is, but it's not necessary to say it, is it?

Sorry, Freud, but it isn't all about sex. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

This discussion has fatigued me.  I'm rolling over and going to sleep.
You can have the wet spot.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 08:46:51 PM
This discussion has fatigued me.  I'm rolling over and going to sleep.
You can have the wet spot.

I know you probably thought it would be easy to suggest to a homosexual that it is all about being gay. Sorry!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 08:48:07 PM
I know you probably thought it would be easy to suggest to a homosexual that it is all about being gay. Sorry!

I know:  you're anti-teacher's union first, and gay second.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 08:56:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 08:48:07 PM

I know:  you're anti-teacher's union first, and gay second.

Please, I rarely think about teachers - why would I?

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
Quote from: Scipio on October 10, 2012, 10:19:02 PM
She's kind of a disgrace, for a non-practicing lawyer.

He's kind of a douche, for a male model.

Advantage: Push.

Remember, they both want the government going through your shit with a fine toothed-comb.

On balance, I think that we're better off if we nuke Marxachusetts from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

Ok, MS aka maybe it's be fun to start up slavery again.
That's cute.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on October 11, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
Quote from: Scipio on October 10, 2012, 10:19:02 PM
She's kind of a disgrace, for a non-practicing lawyer.

He's kind of a douche, for a male model.

Advantage: Push.

Remember, they both want the government going through your shit with a fine toothed-comb.

On balance, I think that we're better off if we nuke Marxachusetts from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

Ok, MS aka maybe it's be fun to start up slavery again.
That's cute.

It is cute when a backwater tries to attack Massachusetts. Well not cute so much as deranged. :wacko:

Eddie Teach

See, this is why garbon can't get a job with fox.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2012, 09:52:08 PM
See, this is why garbon can't get a job with fox.

As long as they don't know about this - can't hurt me. :)

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:04:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 12:57:12 PM
I'd be interested to hear Seedy's take on that chick of color from Clueless who is voting for Romney.

She was hotter when she was younger.

And just like any other Hollywood trog, I really don't give a shit who she votes for.*

*Except for George Clooney, because he is The Word(tm).

Does this also apply to sports teams?  ;)

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

:lol: As I have already proclaimed Clooney as The Word(tm), I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to walk that one back.  WHO DEY :yeah:

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
It's odd that you're more about race than any of the supposed racists.

That's because I readily acknowledge that it exists, permeates our society on fundamental levels, and is still a barrier to our progression as a republic.
Those that don't are simply facilitating it and continue to enable it as a divisive wedge, arresting our development as a more perfect union.

I'm pretty sure it's those who insist on categorizing everyone and everything by "race" that are facilitating it. In fact, that's pretty close to the definition of racism.