News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warren - Brown Senate Race

Started by Count, October 10, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count

Anyone following this? Saw the second debate, which was ruined by David Gregory being his usual assy self. Brown is in the lead in the last poll, but there's no Nate Silver doing poll by poll analysis. It's a tight race either way. I swear Brown's accent is fake.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/ma/massachusetts_senate_brown_vs_warren-2093.html
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I've been following it closely;  listened to the live feed of the last debate but not tonight's.

Scotty's running dangerously close to losing his "nice guy" image.

Sheilbh

I think Nate Silver was right.  It's sad that in a year's time one of these two won't be in the Senate while Akin or McCaskill will :(
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 09:58:23 PM
I've been following it closely;  listened to the live feed of the last debate but not tonight's.

I heard he's 1/32 jerk.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Count

In the second debate Gregory asked Brown if he was calling her "Professor" in a derogatory way. Brown said "absolutely not!" and then kept calling her Professor. At one point he said "Don't interrupt me, I'm not one of your students." At the end of the debate, when asked to say what he admired about Warren, he said "I have some friends whose kids were taught by Professor Warren and they said she's a great teacher." Basically he's trying to paint her as an unserious kindergarten teacher (hint: because she's a woman).

Count

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

I heard he's 1/32 jerk.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

I heard he's 1/32 jerk.

More like 99 and 44/100.  :P

Count

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 10, 2012, 10:00:39 PM
I think Nate Silver was right.  It's sad that in a year's time one of these two won't be in the Senate while Akin or McCaskill will :(

I've heard Brown will run for governor if he loses the race. I think he'd win much more easily than with the Senate spot, given MA's history of having moderate Republican governors and a Democratic congressional delegation.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 10, 2012, 10:00:39 PM

Claire's not so bad, she's good people.  Unfortunately, she's in a crazier-than-a-shithouse-mouse state.

garbon

Here's to hoping the faux Indian loses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Scipio

She's kind of a disgrace, for a non-practicing lawyer.

He's kind of a douche, for a male model.

Advantage: Push.

Remember, they both want the government going through your shit with a fine toothed-comb.

On balance, I think that we're better off if we nuke Marxachusetts from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon