And we're back!

Main Menu

Warren - Brown Senate Race

Started by Count, October 10, 2012, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
It's odd that you're more about race than any of the supposed racists.

That's because I readily acknowledge that it exists, permeates our society on fundamental levels, and is still a barrier to our progression as a republic.
Those that don't are simply facilitating it and continue to enable it as a divisive wedge, arresting our development as a more perfect union.

:hug:
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Like a true white man, Seedy always has to tell a brother what to do.

I give you shit about it not because you're Burnt Sienna in the Crayola Crayon box, but because you betray your own most fundamental premise to who you are: your own sexual identity. 

Log Cabiners like you will be the first ones up against the wall with today's GOP.  And no, not facing it, palms up, slightly bent over.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
It's odd that you're more about race than any of the supposed racists.

That's because I readily acknowledge that it exists, permeates our society on fundamental levels, and is still a barrier to our progression as a republic.
Those that don't are simply facilitating it and continue to enable it as a divisive wedge, arresting our development as a more perfect union.

But you're equally complicit in making it a wedge by insisting that it is the primary factor that people don't want to support/vote for Obama.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Like a true white man, Seedy always has to tell a brother what to do.

I give you shit about it not because you're Burnt Sienna in the Crayola Crayon box, but because you betray your own most fundamental premise to who you are: your own sexual identity. 

Log Cabiners like you will be the first ones up against the wall with today's GOP.  And no, not facing it, palms up, slightly bent over.

That's rather limiting.  Why does one aspect of my life (who I fuck) have to then override everything else in my life? Who are you to tell me what is my most important identity?

As to the other portion - if Darth Cheney can be brought over to our side...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:04:13 PM
She was hotter when she was younger.

Dionne? I don't think I've seen her in anything since.

Just another example of how the GOP tries to stir up publicity anytime a black person expresses support for them. Being a black conservative is probably the easiest route to mini-celebrity/getting paid to talk on camera.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2012, 01:36:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:04:13 PM
She was hotter when she was younger.

Dionne? I don't think I've seen her in anything since.

Just another example of how the GOP tries to stir up publicity anytime a black person expresses support for them. Being a black conservative is probably the easiest route to mini-celebrity/getting paid to talk on camera.

Did you hear that, garbon?? You can be FAMOUS! I think you should petition to be the "Joe the Plumber" of this election. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 01:27:49 PM
But you're equally complicit in making it a wedge by insisting that it is the primary factor that people don't want to support/vote for Obama.

Oh, it's not the primary factor:  merely a really, really substantial one for a particular segment of detractors;  detractors that would rather deflect it into such things as birth certificates,  how they wish he"would learn to be an American", Muslimism, his "foreign ideals", Kenyan anti-colonialism, et cetera, et cetera.  All very good examples of plausible deniability, oh no, we're not racist, it's not becuase he's black or anything.  C'mon.

But even if his detractors won't, at least I can call a spade a spade.  As it were.

Eddie Teach

Garbon would have the problem that he isn't actually a conservative. Though as long as he kept to Obama and the Democrats' shortcomings he might do alright.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 01:27:49 PM

Oh, it's not the primary factor:  merely a really, really substantial one for a particular segment of detractors;  detractors that would rather deflect it into such things as birth certificates,  how they wish he"would learn to be an American", Muslimism, his "foreign ideals", Kenyan anti-colonialism, et cetera, et cetera.  All very good examples of plausible deniability, oh no, we're not racist, it's not becuase he's black or anything.  C'mon.

But even if his detractors won't, at least I can call a spade a spade.  As it were.

The issue is that you spread around to anyone who calls themselves a Republican or against Obama.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 11, 2012, 01:44:14 PM
Garbon would have the problem that he isn't actually a conservative. Though as long as he kept to Obama and the Democrats' shortcomings he might do alright.

My lack of social conservatism would be a problem - though perhaps I could gain points on discipline for children and church attendance (though mine is lax).

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 11, 2012, 01:39:59 PM
Did you hear that, garbon?? You can be FAMOUS! I think you should petition to be the "Joe the Plumber" of this election. :D

It would likely have a detrimental effect on my sex life (given the Republican=ev0l!!1) though I suppose it could help me to snag more of those wealthy men. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 01:30:09 PM
That's rather limiting.  Why does one aspect of my life (who I fuck) have to then override everything else in my life? Who are you to tell me what is my most important identity?

Meh, suit yourself, nothing basic or fundamental about something like sexual preferences.  Luckily, my sexual preferences are already ensconced in liberty and legality*.

*[spoiler]Except as defined by the Mann Act.[/spoiler]

QuoteAs to the other portion - if Darth Cheney can be brought over to our side...

Never happen.  He sold his soul working for the Nixon Administration.  I believe it was a condition of employment at the time.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 01:50:29 PM
Meh, suit yourself, nothing basic or fundamental about something like sexual preferences.  Luckily, my sexual preferences are already ensconced in liberty and legality*.

Not sure I should let you weasel out so fast. Again, why should who I fuck be the most important part of my identity? It isn't like I spend most of my time going down on someone (or vice versa).

Never happen.  He sold his soul working for the Nixon Administration.  I believe it was a condition of employment at the time.

Except, of course, when he said he doesn't have any issue with gay marriage.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 01:53:06 PM

Not sure I should let you weasel out so fast. Again, why should who I fuck be the most important part of my identity? It isn't like I spend most of my time going down on someone (or vice versa).

Because sexual orientation and identification are fundamental rights.  They're human rights.  The fact that you support politicians that don't want to make them legal rights, and therefore abrogate your own rights, doesn't mean I can't give you shit about it. 
Therefore, I will continue to do so.  For your own damned good.

Except for bisexuality.  That's just a cop-out.

Except, of course, when he said he doesn't have any issue with gay marriage.

Well, that's only because he can't abort her now.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 02:26:36 PM
Because sexual orientation and identification are fundamental rights.  They're human rights.  The fact that you support politicians that don't want to make them legal rights, and therefore abrogate your own rights, doesn't mean I can't give you shit about it. 
Therefore, I will continue to do so.  For your own damned good.

You've just conflated two topics though. A person's identity can be more than their sexual orientation - and that's what I'm taking you to task over.