Main Menu

The Rumble in Columbus: Veeps Attack!

Started by merithyn, October 10, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

:lol:

QuoteTweets
13m Diamond Joe Diamond Joe ‏@OnionPolitics
Debate after party @lexingtonrhino. You can touch the strippers if you've got enough coin.

17m Diamond Joe Diamond Joe ‏@OnionPolitics
So what's the deal, any shit happening off-campus after this thing? #debates

21m The Onion The Onion ‏@TheOnion
Biden Shares 20-Minute Post-Debate Kiss With Janna Ryan http://onion.com/SV60cj
Retweeted by Diamond Joe

MadImmortalMan

Well the next debate starts now. Heller vs Berkley

I wish it was on the radio. It'd be more fair.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 11, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
I hate the line about Obama being professorial. I don't get that vibe at all.

But then you got good vibes from Huckabee - so your vibe-o-meter is a bit broken. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2012, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 09:46:58 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2012, 09:45:10 PM
Can he do it or are we going to see the academic, the professor ? 

Seedy! You going to call mongers out for being racist?!

:blink:

How is that racist ? 

Seedy said earlier today that the only people who talk about Obama's academic qualifications are those that are shocked a black person [clearly my term and not one that Seedy would use] can speak so eloquently.

Nope, your missing the point, his take on a political question is academic; if you go back and listen to the 1st debate, his answers are strewn with qualifiers, reasoned, at times uncertain positions on issues, because he's approaching the topic as an academic. The lack of certainty and gut reactions harms him as a politician and leader, it looks weak in the eyes of some of the electorate.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2012, 10:00:31 PM
Nope, your missing the point, his take on a political question is academic; if you go back and listen to the 1st debate, his answers are strewn with qualifiers, reasoned, at times uncertain positions on issues, because he's approaching the topic as an academic. The lack of certainty and gut reactions harms him as a politician and leader, it looks weak in the eyes of some of the electorate.

And some of the electorate would consider it measured, balanced and tempered.

MadImmortalMan

I think Biden won because he had a job to do and he did it. He was supposed to be aggressive today. Yeah, the smirking and bullying turns off some voters, particularly women. But Obama already has that demo by a lot. So I think it was a strategic decision which he executed in maybe a little over the top way. Joe is not a sniper rifle, he's a shotgun. When he goes off, he hits everything in front of him.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 10:01:50 PM

And some of the electorate would consider it measured, balanced and tempered.

I don't see that winning re-election, Romney/Ryan can say whatever they want to win, Obama has to challenge that and come out fighting; I don't see what you describe, as winning over the undecided.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 11, 2012, 10:08:29 PM
I think Biden won because he had a job to do and he did it. He was supposed to be aggressive today. Yeah, the smirking and bullying turns off some voters, particularly women. But Obama already has that demo by a lot. So I think it was a strategic decision which he executed in maybe a little over the top way. Joe is not a sniper rifle, he's a shotgun. When he goes off, he hits everything in front of him.

Biden as shotgun  :lol:  Excellent description.

Yeah, the smiling and smirking was a bit much, and it tailed off substantially in the 2nd half of the debate as I knew it would.  Ryan did some smirking himself, but while he didn't have the guffaws Biden did, it was more of a vacuous, freshly-tasered, Dan Quayle-like smile.

garbon

I'm not missing any point (or beat really). You mentioned Obama as speaking academically and Seedy said earlier that only racists make that observation. Pretty easy call out. :D

Also, in case it wasn't clear, I don't agree with what Seedy, self-proclaimed defender of niggers, said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Ryan reminds me of Miles from Murphy Brown.  Technically a grown man, but looks and sounds like a slightly dweeby adolescent.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 10:16:31 PM
Also, in case it wasn't clear, I don't agree with what Seedy, self-proclaimed defender of niggers, said.

I prefer Lord Protector of Niggers, myself.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 10:28:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 10:16:31 PM

I prefer Lord Protector of Niggers, myself.

Indeed, Whitey McRacist.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 10:30:56 PM
Indeed, Whitey McRacist.

Now, now. Some of my best former friends are black.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 10:32:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 10:30:56 PM
Indeed, Whitey McRacist.

Now, now. Some of my best former friends are black.

I just did a quick search on the use of that colorful and hateful term.  For myself, 21 posts with only one of those (just the one just now) actually myself using it (the rest in quotes).  In comparison, the lovely humanitarian CdM has ~150 posts with most of those stemming from him actually using the word. Makes you wonder.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
I just did a quick search on the use of that colorful and hateful term.  For myself, 21 posts with only one of those (just the one just now) actually myself using it (the rest in quotes).  In comparison, the lovely humanitarian CdM has ~150 posts with most of those stemming from him actually using the word. Makes you wonder.

Multiple uses in the same sentence against Timmay should really only count as one use.