The Rumble in Columbus: Veeps Attack!

Started by merithyn, October 10, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Nice, measured response by Joe on that.

Sheilbh

'A distinction without a difference' - with one phrase Ryan made himself sound like someone writing wall of texts online.

I expect him to inform us that correlation does not imply causation soon :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I love this line from Twitter: 'Biden completing the Full Al Pacino here. He's hit the delirious screamy highs. Now comin' down for the sincere gravely whisper.'

Always over the top.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 11, 2012, 09:15:26 PM
Two things.  Ryan looks confused on foreign policy.  He's pushing a very confused line that's hyper-critical of the Administration but is actually not different in any significant way.

Biden seems to be sailing very close to the wind with his comments about arming and supporting the rebels :mellow:

That's probably because it's the facts of the matter, though I guess he shouldn't have alluded to it. 
Though no doubt the Syrians and the Russians know that already.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Ryan's answer to this is bad.  The question was about a veteran who was dismayed at the negative tone of the campaign.  Ryan said 'I thank him for his service' and then went entirely negative.  He didn't even say the stuff about some of the comments being a shame like Biden did.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2012, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 11, 2012, 09:15:26 PM
Two things.  Ryan looks confused on foreign policy.  He's pushing a very confused line that's hyper-critical of the Administration but is actually not different in any significant way.

Biden seems to be sailing very close to the wind with his comments about arming and supporting the rebels :mellow:

That's probably because it's the facts of the matter, though I guess he shouldn't have alluded to it. 
Though no doubt the Syrians and the Russians know that already.

Yeah, an example on why topics like this isn't exactly a level playing field when it comes to national security issues:  Veep knows stuff that Cheese Boy doesn't.  There are bigger things going on behind the scenes.

Sheilbh

Did Biden actually shout himself hoarse? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 11, 2012, 09:28:15 PM
Ryan's answer to this is bad.  The question was about a veteran who was dismayed at the negative tone of the campaign.  Ryan said 'I thank him for his service' and then went entirely negative.  He didn't even say the stuff about some of the comments being a shame like Biden did.

Agreed though Biden's comments didn't warm me either as it was pretty clear he wasn't taken any ownership and claiming that it was just from the other camp.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Seriously?

Negative campaigning is America at its finest.  All this fucking handwringing is big girls blouse bullshit.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

He started out by criticizing Obama for going so negative.  Which is absolutely true.  Then yeah, he did go negative himself :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Ryan makes me feel awkward as he stares and talks to me. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 09:33:23 PM
Ryan makes me feel awkward as he stares and talks to me. :D

It's like he freezes you with his eyes before he envelopes you with his ears.  It's like Jeepers Creepers in a Brooks Brothers.

crazy canuck

I caught the last 20 minutes or so.  My impression - Biden was the class of the field. 

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 11, 2012, 09:36:48 PM
I caught the last 20 minutes or so.  My impression - Biden was the class of the field. 

I have to agree. Ryan seemed largely out of his league.