Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2012, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:34:45 AM
You say that in past tense, like it actually stopped or something.

Harry hasn't recanted either, last time I checked.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:28:09 AM
We've had an entire presidential administration to see how Obama leads a party.  One would think the contenders would take a bigger leadership stake in an election, considering how much more fractured the GOP is.

But, let Mittens continue to do the passive CEO thing.  The Teabaggers on the Board of Directors demand it.

Why? Obama never had to take leadership of his party, and never seemed poised to (even during the election) - so why is it only Repubs that would need to do so?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 11:39:17 AM
We've had an entire presidential administration to see how Obama leads a party.  One would think the contenders would take a bigger leadership stake in an election, considering how much more fractured the GOP is.

But, let Mittens continue to do the passive CEO thing.  The Teabaggers on the Board of Directors demand it.

Why? Obama never had to take leadership of his party, and never seemed poised to (even during the election) - so why is it only Repubs that would need to do so?

QuoteWe've had an entire presidential administration to see how Obama leads a party.  One would think the contenders would take a bigger leadership stake in an election, considering how much more fractured the GOP is.

Neil

The GOP is more fractured than the Democrats?  Just because they have one faction that has broken away that demands the destruction of America doesn't mean that they're more fractured than the Democrats.  Hell, the Democrats wish they only had one crazy faction, rather than having to deal with labour, blacks, hippies and environmentalists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2012, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 20, 2012, 08:35:46 AM
5% of rapes result in pregnancy?

That cannot possibly be right, can it?

Why would the incidence of pregnancy be higher for rape than not rape?

Or is the overall pregnancy rate that high?

No time for a condom, I'd guess, unlike consensual sex.

Plenty of rapists do in fact use condoms because they know about the risk of leaving a DNA sample.  I knew of one guy show shaved his body hair and wore gloves, to try and avoid capture.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 11:53:07 AM
Plenty of rapists do in fact use condoms because they know about the risk of leaving a DNA sample.  I knew of one guy show shaved his body hair and wore gloves, to try and avoid capture.

And plenty of rapists shoot their load in no time, because they're sexual deviants at the height of their frenzy.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 11:39:17 AM

QuoteWe've had an entire presidential administration to see how Obama leads a party.  One would think the contenders would take a bigger leadership stake in an election, considering how much more fractured the GOP is.

:lol:

I can give you two years tops. Obama was not in charge during the Pelosi-Reid interlude.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 11:55:48 AM
I can give you two years tops. Obama was not in charge during the Pelosi-Reid interlude.

Dude, what the fuck do you think I've been saying?  We've seen how he runs his party;  he doesn't.  Christ.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

And plenty of rapists shoot their load in no time, because they're sexual deviants at the height of their frenzy.

Even barring that, sperm can be present in pre-seminal fluid.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 11:55:48 AM

Dude, what the fuck do you think I've been saying?  We've seen how he runs his party;  he doesn't.  Christ.

So again - why should the Repub candidates need to so? We survived 4 years without leadership.

I'm ignoring the bit about the GOP being more fractious as that's just patently false.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2012, 11:58:12 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2012, 11:54:17 AM

Even barring that, sperm can be present in pre-seminal fluid.

Contested, especially with regards to amount and and likelihood of conception.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Btw, clearly this incident Seedy is a non-starter as an attack on Romney:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-calls-akin-rape-insulting-inexcusable-142622223.html

Quote"Congressman's Akin comments on rape are insulting, inexcusable and, frankly, wrong," Romney said. "Like millions of other Americans, we found them to be offensive."

"I have an entirely different view," Romney told National Review. "What he said is entirely without merit, and he should correct it."

Don't think Romney could be more clear there. :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2012, 12:03:27 PM
Contested, especially with regards to amount and and likelihood of conception.

Quotein March 2011 a team of researchers assembled 27 male volunteers and analyzed their pre-ejaculate samples within two minutes after producing them. The researchers found that 11 of the 27 men (41%) produced pre-ejaculatory samples that contained sperm, and 10 of these samples (37%) contained a "fair amount" of motile sperm (i.e. as little as 1 million to as many as 35 million). As a point of reference, a study showed that, of couples who conceived within a year of trying, only 2.5% included a male partner with a total sperm count (per ejaculate) of 23 million sperm or less. However, across a wide range of observed values, total sperm count (as with other identified semen and sperm characteristics) has weak power to predict which couples are at risk of pregnancy.

I'm not trying to attack your withdrawal method. ;)