Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2012, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 03:16:52 PM
Viking: :lmfao:

You asked the question I gave it a serious answer. Serves me right for thinking you were going to take anything I might say seriously.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on August 20, 2012, 03:20:39 PM

You asked the question I gave it a serious answer. Serves me right for thinking you were going to take anything I might say seriously.

On the topic of religion, it does serve you right.  :contract:

You lost all credibility with me on the topic long ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 03:23:37 PM

That's bogus. I stand by what I say and think, unlike you who lies with a straight face not only about what you say you can do but also about why you believe. I might be rude and obnoxious, but at least I'm honest.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2012, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 03:20:13 PM
And what reason is that?

Never mind.

That's what I thought.  The birther analogy doesn't hold up, since Obama released his birth certificate and people simply claimed it was fake and that there was another "long form" which he hasn't released (which is exists but the state of Hawaii forbids from being released).  Romney on the hand is not barred by the law to release his tax forms.  He does not do so for either political or personal reasons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on August 20, 2012, 03:27:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 03:23:37 PM

That's bogus. I stand by what I say and think, unlike you who lies with a straight face not only about what you say you can do but also about why you believe. I might be rude and obnoxious, but at least I'm honest.

:lmfao:  Yes, because I lie about what I believe.

Credibility <> truthfulness.  You believe the nonsense you spout, I'll give you that.  You have no credibility because you have not one shred of objectivity when it comes to the topic.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 20, 2012, 09:43:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 09:29:09 AM
My Health teacher in high school (a really nice guy but very religious) tried to tell us that rape doesn't result in pregnancy because the rapist almost never ejaculates. 

It's not funny, this is disgusting. He is doing what the mormons call lying for the lord. And yes, it is doctrine. He is lying or somebody else he trusts is lying vicariously through him so that people don't use condoms and to try to justify to himself that rape babies aren't really rape babies, but lying jezibel babies.

:blink:

You can tell all that about him based on two lines from derspeiss' post?

As off-putting as the bug up his ass re: religion may be, Viking was actually close to getting it right.  Coach May was a pretty strict Christian (Baptist, I beileve) and was very staunchly against abortion without any exceptions.  It was pretty obvious to me that he wanted to believe that rape never results in pregnancy to make him sleep better at night.

His few quirks aside (strangest for me was that he was a baseball coach that never cussed), he was actually a really nice guy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 03:27:57 PM
That's what I thought.  The birther analogy doesn't hold up, since Obama released his birth certificate and people simply claimed it was fake and that there was another "long form" which he hasn't released (which is exists but the state of Hawaii forbids from being released).  Romney on the hand is not barred by the law to release his tax forms.  He does not do so for either political or personal reasons.

I see.  The difference is that Obama's place of birth is no longer in question, whereas the claim that Romney paid no taxes for 10 years is still plausible. :lol:

Jacob

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2012, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 03:27:57 PM

I see.  The difference is that Obama's place of birth is no longer in question, whereas the claim that Romney paid no taxes for 10 years is still plausible. :lol:

No, the difference is that Obama released all the information he could legally release.  Romney has chosen not to do so, which is a bit odd for a Presidential candidate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2012, 12:59:55 PM
I've seen 4% vs. .3% for perfect compliance, so yeah, I guess it's not as effective.  But that 4% seems really high to me.

An interesting factoid--did you know that birth control pills only became legal in 1999 in Japan?  And that only 1% of people use them?  I'm pretty sure that 1% is entirely the cast of the movies I've seen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5726375/ns/health-womens_health/t/japanese-women-shun-birth-control-pill/

Looking at Japan's birth rate statistics, they must have replaced traditional sex with the tentacle kind almost completely.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Vikes, you're fighting an uphill battle with these guys;  as educated as they are, they're more than willing to accept the legislative rollback women's reproductive rights as long as it's packaged along with deficit reduction and union busting.

For a bunch of self-proclaimed libertarian-leaners, they certainly don't give a shit about liberties unless there's a penis attached.  So don't even bother.